Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

waltcmusic

Just ordered new 2018.9 Lincoln MKX 3.7L Black Label AWD today...

Well, after several months of lengthy speculation and meticulous planning, I successfully placed my new 2018.9 MKX order today. Here are the fine details:

Trim: Black Label

Exterior color: Chroma Couture Dark Brown ($1,750)

Theme: Indulgence

Engine: 3.7L V6

Drivetrain: AWD

Options I got: Driver Assistance Package ($2,250), Technology Package ($1,395), Cargo Utility Package ($365), Enhanced Security Package ($60), Satin Roof Rack Side Rails ($195), Ultra Comfort Front 22-way Seats with massage ($1,500) 

Options I didn't get: 2.7L V6 twin-turbo engine ($2,000), Trailer Tow Package ($645), Cargo Accessories Package ($175), 21-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels ($1,300), All-Weather Floor Mats ($120), Dual-DVD Headrest Entertainment System ($1,995)

I've decided to go for dark brown exterior color because it's already discontinued and being replaced to dark red or light blue for 2019 Nautilus with new Gala theme, plus I don't like red-color seats. I also have the ability to charge this 2018.9 MKX at 2019 Nautilus used KBB price by private-party in case a buyer doesn't like 2.0L I4 turbo, 8-speed transmission (maybe harder-shift), Gala theme, Chroma red paint, front-grille look, or Nautilus sounding name.

Can't wait for my new ride...

(PS: Please stay on-topic. Anything not related to Lincoln MKX or Nautilus will be ignored by me. Thanks.)

Congrats!  Did you get the Revel sound system or is that standard with the Black Label package?

Congrats!  Did you get the Revel sound system or is that standard with the Black Label package?

Revel Ultima is standard in Black Label trim.

Drove both engines on a test drive.  I couldn't see the advantage of the 2.7 over the 3.7 for $2k.  Maybe in mountainous terrain but for Midwest the 3.7 will do everything.  I didn't select Black Label either as there are no Black Label dealers close.  The tech package is a worthy option because of the front camera and 360 view.  Once one gets used to the 360 camera it gives that direct lookdown in tight places.  My pickup has the 360 and my MKC does not.  The drivers assist package was an option I did not feel was worth the price.  The pedestrian warning went off a couple of times during the test drive with no pedestrians so there needs to be some refinement for me to spring for that option.

The drivers assist package was an option I did not feel was worth the price.  The pedestrian warning went off a couple of times during the test drive with no pedestrians so there needs to be some refinement for me to spring for that option.

Yeah, this option was definitely the toughest on whether I should have removed it or not. If I had ordered my MKX earlier or I went with 2017 model year, I would not have added driver assistance package. Since I'm ordering a 2018.9 (which means I ordered it near the last day and it will be built at final-month), the dealer advised me I should get it so it can compete with 2019 Nautilus KBB private-party value. I also did not order 2.7L V6 twin-turbo because it will have lower resale value than the very-last 3.7L V6 in it. Not everyone likes turbo.

Edited by waltcmusic

I also did not order 2.7L V6 twin-turbo because it will have lower resale value than the very-last 3.7L V6 in it. Not everyone likes turbo.

Not everyone but way more people seem to like them and are willing to pay a premium for them on most Ford vehicles including the 2.7L in the MKX.   Therefore it will have higher resale, not lower resale.

Not everyone but way more people seem to like them and are willing to pay a premium for them on most Ford vehicles including the 2.7L in the MKX.   Therefore it will have higher resale, not lower resale.

This is true, more people always desire for more power. But 2.7L still continues for 2019 and for several more years, so there's no point in getting 2018 model year, and it just pushes 2018 prices lower. With 3.7L and no longer in production by Ford (except for Transit Van), people are willing to pay more for it since you cannot buy it new anymore. Some people say 3.7L has better reliability than 2.7L twin-turbo from what I was told.

BTW -  just checked KBB and the 2.7LEB on my MKX would raise the trade-in value by $1600 over the 3.7L.

BTW -  just checked KBB and the 2.7LEB on my MKX would raise the trade-in value by $1600 over the 3.7L.

And it costs $2,000 plus sales tax to buy, remember. Either way around, I don't think 2.7L will bring noticeable trade-in value due to competition with many other 2.7Ls on dealer lot.

What's funny is it doesn't cost $2,000 to build one 2.7L engine itself. Ford won't let you keep 3.7L while adding 2.7L for $2,000 more. Ford makes less-profit on 3.7L than 2.7L.

You said the 2.7L had lower resale value than the 3.7L which I proved to be wrong.  And your opinion on reliability is just a guess.

Just say you prefer the 3.7L and leave it at that.

Which dealer did you order from? Will you pay full sticker?

Just say you prefer the 3.7L and leave it at that.

:ford: , once the most-reliable Detroit automaker by Consumer Reports when only Duratec engines were used:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/10/consumer-reports-2009-annual-car-reliability-survey-who-s-up-and-who-s-down/index.htm

We're not going down that rabbit hole again.   Unless you have empirical data proving one engine is more or less reliable than the other we're not going to discuss it.  Any further posts will be deleted.

Anyways, moving on cheerfully, dealer just called me right now, and ETA is 12-14 weeks. About late-August it will be shipped to dealer. I assume it will have its 08/18 manufactured date behind driver's door, that's the most important part of this deal.

Anyways, moving on cheerfully, dealer just called me right now, and ETA is 12-14 weeks. About late-August it will be shipped to dealer. I assume it will have its 08/18 manufactured date behind driver's door, that's the most important part of this deal.

I hope they did not "force you" to buy an AWD...

I hope they did not "force you" to buy an AWD...

Yeah, I thought I should have got FWD. It was tough ordering that day. But I'm satisfied with results at end.

Yeah, I thought I should have got FWD. It was tough ordering that day. But I'm satisfied with results at end.

XX

Am I supposed to receive a dealer order confirmation paper, and the tracking number? I didn't get one after I ordered it, so I'll go back to dealer and get my copy.

Am I supposed to receive a dealer order confirmation paper, and the tracking number? I didn't get one after I ordered it, so I'll go back to dealer and get my copy.

You will get a confirmation and then when it shipps you will get notified too. Usually comes within a few days if you have Prime you get 2 day shipping.

... if you have Prime you get 2 day shipping.

I did get mine in less than 2 days, mind you I'm 5 hours down the road.

Edited by NOTMY911

XX

I thought it made as much sense as anything in this thread.

You will get a confirmation and then when it shipps you will get notified too. Usually comes within a few days if you have Prime you get 2 day shipping.

I'm not sure if my dealer is supposed to call me after order is placed, and a confirmation order receipt to give me. So far, nothing since May 1.

walt, not that it matters what I think, but (IMO) you absolutely did the right thing going with AWD.  I can't say I've driven the 3.7 too much, but in the 2.7, there is way too much torque for FWD.  The FWD MKXs i tested, were like a different vehicle.

Anyway, enjoy the purchase and congrats on having made a choice.