1. Lincoln MKX / Nautilus Forum

1. Please Introduce Yourself

Please take a moment to introduce yourself

1. Lincoln MKX / Nautilus Lounge

The place for off-topic discussion

4. Lincoln MKX Facebook Page   (4,795 visits to this link)

5. Lincoln Nautilus Facebook Page   (2,398 visits to this link)

6. Super News Ticker

Up to minute news, direct from Lincoln

1. 12.5k
  4. Lincoln MKX / Nautilus Modifications & Tech.

1. 171

Cooling and Heating

Doors, hoods, paint, trim, weather stripping, etc.

Audio, MyLincoln, Navigation, SYNC. . .

Maintenance, Technical Service Bulletins and Recall Notices Forum

1. 35

• Hello everyone. Hope everyone here is having a great day and enjoying their MKX.  I’ve got an issue with my lincoln MKX and I’m hoping to get some thoughts on this from you guys. I have a 2018 Lincoln MKX 3.7 AWD 17K miles on it. I bought it wrecked and fixed it up. Now when i drive it I can hear and feel a vibration as i accelerate. It sounds exactly like a very bad tire. I put the car on 4 jack stands and the feel is still there but barely noticeable because the wheels are in the air. I was thinking it could be a bad wheel bearing at first but the wheel bearing sounds more like a constant noise as if you’ve got the window cracked. Mine has the sound and feel of a rotation. Something’s rotation is being felt through my pedal, wheel and seat. I’ve also tried putting it in neutral and shifting gears manually but that didn’t change a thing. So now i’m ruling out transmission as the fluid is pink and smells fine and its shifting normal with no issues. It can’t be the driveshaft because when i was under the car i tried to wiggle and spin it around, but it was pretty solid and only had the normal amount of play. Also, if the drive shaft was bad the whole car would shake like crazy so that was rules out. I’m leaning more towards a bad ptu unit but it’s got no leaks when inspected. I took the upper screw and it had metal shavings on the magnet. I cleaned it up and drained it and got about 12oz out of it and topped it till the upper bolt started leaking so it should be full. I drove it and still got the same problem. I don’t wanna replace the ptu unit unless it is the cause of this vibration and humming. It’s not a very easy process to replace the ptu unit nor it is cheap. What are your thoughts on this? Has anyway had a similar issue? Any advice of where I should start? 
    • We have a 2008 MKX we want to do a rear seat swap on. The current seat has a 60/40 split in the bottom of the seat and where the crack is in the seat our center carseat slips into and gets crooked and loose. We have 3 car seats. I was looking at the newer 2016-2018 seats and they have a solid bottom seat with no seat cracks. Had anybody done a seat swap? Does anybody by chance know what years will be a direct bolt into the 2008?  Thank you
    • Water coming in under carpet in front driver and passenger floor when AC is running. Also, Water coming into spare tire well and sometimes rear floor when it rains hard.
    • One of two key fobs for 2011 MKX has gotten very sensitive and sends unlock signal whenever anything touches the fob surface. Can't have it in a pocket, for example. Any ideas?
    • Hello, I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX and am wondering if seats from first or second generation MKX's will direct bolt in? I can find lots of 2016-2018 seats available, but can't find info if they will direct bolt in or not. 
    • I have a 2016 MKX, and I bought it new in 2021. It's a Canadian model, I believe, and imported to Amsterdam. I had it registered in Germany, and have it at my home in Berlin. These Forums interest me greatly, as I have no Lincoln dealer I could go to. I have a couple of problems with it already, but wanted first to try and sift through the posts for similar problems before I star a new topic.
    • I have a similar issue but in my case I lost the lens completely. I believe the culprit was the car wash.  I'm attempting to remanufacture the lens using red plexiglass and glue. I won't know the results until I return to Florida (snowbird) in November. You would think they'd sell just a stick-on replacement lens. We can't be the only players in this game.  A full brake light replacement is expensive.  gmurf22
  • Topics