punch-card

4g Modem replacement

On 8/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, ccihon said:

can't perform self install as detailed earlier - I am using the same original model TCU, and have it in 2016 MKX. Forscan shows it is "working", but I cannot activate the car from the app, nor does an ESN show up in that area of the SYNC screen. A TCY test in Forscan says "Vehicle conditions incorrect" - I am thinking my TCU is configured differently - here are some forscan particulars:

Note the model and Strategy don't currently match?

image.png.7c7cc538f517ad8ba6da8430579d4b62.png

Here is the info returned - says it is active and has a signal, though the ignition being "Key Off" is incorrect:

image.thumb.png.ff1514695a98422166b4ead0c703cb23.png

Finally, here are the params - not all of them, as this unit seems to have a long list of them:

image.thumb.png.6812a83e1fc2d9a4d29b2068ccd042b0.png

Any ideas? I have PMed the successful poster to compare configs - cannot post to the Forscan forum currently, it seems.

Thnaks!

Got it sorted out, had to downgrade the config and strategy files via Forscan, all works now! 

So to follow up, I posted my issue to the CyanLabs forum where a knowledgable F150 guy there gave me very specific steps to downgrade the TCU, and following that, all is working. I used Forscan and some files he provided to make all of it work. It does seem odd to me that Ford/Lincoln have paused these upgrades. Knowing they are relatively easy to perform, especially when one has the programming tools etc, I wonder if  Ford would rather take these older cars "off network" and discontinue supporting them over a new network, rather than completing the upgrade?

43 minutes ago, ccihon said:

It does seem odd to me that Ford/Lincoln have paused these upgrades. Knowing they are relatively easy to perform, especially when one has the programming tools etc, I wonder if  Ford would rather take these older cars "off network" and discontinue supporting them over a new network, rather than completing the upgrade?

Agreed. For what it’s worth though, Lincoln has just resumed the official modem upgrades this past week.