Zumkopf

2017 Seat Upgrade - what’s required to swap in the 22-way seat?

Just acquired a 2017 MKX Reserve, which is great.  But the seat has a fairly short cushion, and I have fairly long legs.  I know the 22 - way seat alleviates this problem by allowing the cushion to lengthen. I have a line on a suitable seat from a salvage yard.  Do I need anything besides the seat to make this work?  Or is it essentially plug-and-play?

I have a 2017 reserve w/ 22 way seat and find that the seat cushion extension is so minimal that it is almost not noticeable!  Try one first before you spend the time and effort, IMHO.

When considering the purchase of the 22 way seat for the same reason as noted by Zumkopf, my comparison testing of the two options (22 way vs standard seating) led me to the same observations of jkoleh, i.e. the slight increase of the premium seat's cushion does not offer any significant improvement over the standard seat (which remains too short & too narrow).

No question it would be expensive, probably thousands if you buy retail. 

If I were you, I'd try something like this first. Inexpensive and gives a good feel if you would want to go further (with a more expensive, electric version). 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y6T2WS3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_SYT0BDABFN1B6B8TDJ34?psc=1