2016 MKX Reserve.

When I close my door with the engine running I get a double beep from my horn. I know this is to warn me that I am leaving my vehicle running. But to me it is unnecessary. Is there any way to shut this feature off? Thanks!

Get used to it... Unless you get a one of those and start playing with the factory Parameter.  Sold my MKX before I used it. 

https://www.obdlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/app_support.pdf:

1022363477_ScreenShot2021-03-26at6_42_43PM.thumb.png.d218095609f4c383700ecc1bf38edc7a.png

Edited by NOTMY911

I don’t know why this is so difficult.  Just don’t close the door all the way and it won’t honk.  Or turn it off.  Or leave the key inside.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, akirby said:

I don’t know why this is so difficult.  Just don’t close the door all the way and it won’t honk.  Or turn it off.  Or leave the key inside.

This is completely wrong its the worst thing on the car absolutely awful design. 

3 hours ago, thisguy159 said:

This is completely wrong its the worst thing on the car absolutely awful design. 

Its designed to make sure you don’t accidentally drive off without the key leaving the driver stranded somewhere and to prevent the vehicle from running inside a garage creating CO.    And it’s so easy to avoid by just hitting the button or not shutting the door.

I know it is a minor point but if I get out of my car to get the mail my door shuts because of the slant of the driveway. So I am guessing that there is no way to shut off this feature? Thanks anyway.

Lou

I just recoded a couple of asinine item on the X3 using a specialized OBD2 App  

Could not close the trunk using the key fob (really stupid) and the On/Off engine at a stop.