Bravo27

2021 Nautilus

3 minutes ago, elijahbird7 said:

... so doubt I will trade for awhile.

Or with that mileage you would get premium Trade In...

I have 23,000 km on my 2019  Nautilus Reserve.  I will be getting a 2021 Reserve when my dealer gets all the final pricing and incentives for April deliveries, which he anticipates will be middle of February.  He has told me in Canada they will be pushing them very hard, like they did when I got my 2019.  I may get one with the 6 cyl this time around.  As I find the 2.0 just is not refined enough , and sounds like a 4. I prefer the smoothness of my old MKX 6 CYL. 

The V6 2.7L is a unique premium engine. I can't imagine myself ever owning a four cylinder vehicle again after previous disappointing experiences with them.

Got 24K on my Nautilus 2.7L and love it versus the turbo 4. Got it in November of 2018. Strictly my preference but the 2.7L sounds and feels better than the 4 under full throttle. Drove the Acura RDX turbo 4 prior to choosing (MKX) Nautilus and decided I had to have V6. The loaner Corsair turbo 4 I had for a week was a surprise and a great responsive engine but strictly in city driving and again my preference is the 2.7L V6. GM's 3.6L is no match this engine. Made some arrangements to hold on to my Nautilus until at least Feb. Will look over my options then.  

I have to agree with Cosmos about the 2.7. I had the previous MKX ?(2011)with the 3.5. Although it was good, 2.7(2016) is better.

I am happy they upgraded the '21 interior and added the Sync 4 to it. I was looking at the Aviator and if they didn't upgrade the Nautilus I would have went with it. The size of the Nautilus just fits me better. 

I always complained to my dealer about the fact that the Explorer has a 3L EcoBoost but its not available for the Nautilus...

Being a patient guy (not) couple with the fact that Lincoln did not have a Build & Price (still doesn't), I decided to look at the competition just to "eliminate" them until the 2021 comes out.

On 2 Monday's ago, I started with the VW Atlas Cross Sport Execline fully loaded.  Lots of feature for the money but did not pass the "Love First Sight" test.  So, I said let's go eliminate BMW.

Well it past the test and confirm my wanted 3L...  It's actually a few inches smaller all around.  I wonder when I'll get my first speeding ticket...

446492378_SusanNewSUV.thumb.JPG.d33da52d4635a18018ac64561a17d9ae.JPG

IMG_2144.jpeg

I sold the MKX a few hours ago.  Not sure how I'm going to tell my dealership as they knew the 2021 was going to be my 3rd MKX variant.  The test drive was booked with their first delivery.

Congrats...if that Bimmer 3.0L inline six cylinder (with perfect primary-secondary balancing) is as smooth as the inline 6 barrel Toyota Crown I owned in 1968, you'll be very pleased with the X3 powertrain. Back 'in the day' I won several bets by balancing a nickel on the idling engine of that superb (and rare) Japanese import.

Thanks Cosmos,

I'll have to try that.  Just like the MKX, at idle I have to look at the RPM to see if its running or not.

I hate to say it, but the 0-60 (4.5 sec) is faster than my 1983 911...

IMG_2103.thumb.jpeg.b7024516650c46b08c00d48035e665f7.jpeg

I contemplated an X3 when I leased my 2019 Nautilus, could not bring myself to that $$$. Also very seriously considered a Volvo XC90 same thing.  My dealer gives me such deals that $$$$ spoke all to loud a difference.  I am not even thinking this time when I get my 2021 in April. The only difference is I will order this time with the 6 cyl , as opposed to the standard 2.0. I want this not for the power , but for the smoothness. 

13 hours ago, NOTMY911 said:

Thanks Cosmos,

I'll have to try that.  Just like the MKX, at idle I have to look at the RPM to see if its running or not.

I hate to say it, but the 0-60 (4.5 sec) is faster than my 1983 911...

IMG_2103.thumb.jpeg.b7024516650c46b08c00d48035e665f7.jpeg

Very nice, 911!  As I recall you and I were early ‘16 MKX owners.  I’ve had my (extremely delayed) FULLY loaded Aviator for nearly a year and and utterly pissed about what a rattletrap it is at less than 5,000 miles. Nice power train but that’s it!

Leaning towards a fully loaded GLE 450 at this point to be ordered in early 2021. Maybe GLE AMG 53 or X5 V8. X3 M40 is awesome, just a little too small for my body size!

All great choice, AMG is something else.

Size wise for me and the better half, the Nautilus and the X3 (2" less all around) family is perfect.  There was no way I was getting a 4 banger so I had to settle for the 40Mi 😁

I got 2 x 2 doors garages and I don't think the Aviator could clear the doors...

Still waiting on the U.S. build and price tool. If manufacturing start date is 1/23 (tomorrow) shouldn't the B & P be working soon?

2 hours ago, Buzz12 said:

Still waiting on the U.S. build and price tool. If manufacturing start date is 1/23 (tomorrow) shouldn't the B & P be working soon?

Not necessarily.  Sometimes they wait until the 2020s have been cleared out and the 2021s are on the lot.

5 hours ago, Buzz12 said:

There are a few Canadian dealerships that have it on their websites. Possibly a few USA dealers do as well .  All i did was google 2021 Lincoln Nautilus build and price and it populated it for me. 

Yes. Canadian dealerships have had more info on pricing. Perhaps next week we'll see "build & pricing" as I read somewhere Job 1 start up on Jan. 25. Still can't figure out why no HUD as lots of other Ford SUV's (Lincoln) have it. 

Actually you can see sites that says "Build & Price 2021" including Lincoln.com but after you click, its back to  "Build & Price 2020".

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-crossovers/nautilus/2021/?/?inctmp=ln-hp-bb-vhp-nautilus

1199364890_ScreenShot2021-01-22at7_33_57PM.png.e5d5b9c8d2caee2993b51883824dc05c.png

1798835538_ScreenShot2021-01-22at7_34_29PM.png.7e26af6e0a100ba91588f61d0a419571.png

Edited by NOTMY911

I have a 2019 Nautilus and will be ordering a 2021 in the next few weeks. The  GM that I work with at my dealer is waiting for the incentives for the April time frame to be clear to put a deal together. 
2021 Reserve , 201A  package , Chrome roof rails and Mat Package # 1. Artesian Blue , Sandstone Interior. 

I have a early 2019 Reserve and have been waiting to hear anything from my sales rep. Sounds like exactly what I will want from what you've said. I will bring this up "Again" to my dealer about April incentives. Excellent service department with great technicians at my location but "sleepy" sales department. I always think service after the sale is the most important part of the returning customer. More shopping in the weeks ahead.   

I was going to order the 2.7 this time, as much as the 2.0 is a nice engine it still feels and sounds like a 4 cylinder, but very well muted.  In Canada the 2.7 is a $4000 option.  Granted you get 21 inch wheels , paddle shifters , as well as the dynamic suspension.  The standard set up is nice as far as I am concerned.  Not worth the up charge , even on a 3 year lease.  

Well I thought we were getting either a new Corsair 2.3L or at least a new Nautilus with the 2.7L to replace the 3.7L MKX.  I miss the ecoboost torque off the line and I’m worried about the water pump after the power train warranty expires.  

I showed the wife (technically this is her vehicle) the new Corsair and the new Nautilus picture a few months ago.  While I like the MKX dash I wanted something different along with phone as a key and some other upgrades.  So we went to the dealer just to sit in the Corsair to see if it was large enough and to check seat comfort.  It was perfectly acceptable and the HUD was nice.  So I said let’s wait til the new Nautilus arrives and the Corsair GT and go take some test drives.  We also sat in a 2020 Nautilus to try out the 22 way seats and compare with Corsair 24 way seats.  Honestly they felt the same.

Fast forward a few weeks and she sees the 2021 Nautilus on TV and says “It has the buttons way down there like Corsair?”  Uhhhh....yeah.....we went through this already.  She said but the one we sat in was just like mine.  That was a 2020. Remember I showed you a picture of the new 2021 and it was just like Corsair?   Well I like mine way better.   Then why did we look at Corsair to begin with?  Aarrgghhh!!

So it appears we’ll just keep the MkX for a couple more years since she likes it and then decide what to replace it with.  It will be nice to not have any car payments for a year or two.

Take her to see the X3.  I got the OK within 5 minute...

If you miss the eco boost torque, test drive the 40Mi version 😁

12 hours ago, akirby said:

Well I thought we were getting either a new Corsair 2.3L or at least a new Nautilus with the 2.7L to replace the 3.7L MKX.  I miss the ecoboost torque off the line and I’m worried about the water pump after the power train warranty expires.  

I showed the wife (technically this is her vehicle) the new Corsair and the new Nautilus picture a few months ago.  While I like the MKX dash I wanted something different along with phone as a key and some other upgrades.  So we went to the dealer just to sit in the Corsair to see if it was large enough and to check seat comfort.  It was perfectly acceptable and the HUD was nice.  So I said let’s wait til the new Nautilus arrives and the Corsair GT and go take some test drives.  We also sat in a 2020 Nautilus to try out the 22 way seats and compare with Corsair 24 way seats.  Honestly they felt the same.

Fast forward a few weeks and she sees the 2021 Nautilus on TV and says “It has the buttons way down there like Corsair?”  Uhhhh....yeah.....we went through this already.  She said but the one we sat in was just like mine.  That was a 2020. Remember I showed you a picture of the new 2021 and it was just like Corsair?   Well I like mine way better.   Then why did we look at Corsair to begin with?  Aarrgghhh!!

So it appears we’ll just keep the MkX for a couple more years since she likes it and then decide what to replace it with.  It will be nice to not have any car payments for a year or two.

AK...As a spouse married for 61 years (two marriages separated by a 4 year recovery period), I had a refreshing chuckle reading-rereading  your above post at least four times. Aarrgghhh! describes the angst as well as the levity of the marital scenario well. LOL.

21 hours ago, NOTMY911 said:

Take her to see the X3.  I got the OK within 5 minute...

If you miss the eco boost torque, test drive the 40Mi version 😁

We hate bmws.  Nothing personal just don’t like the styling.

10 hours ago, Cosmos36 said:

AK...As a spouse married for 61 years (two marriages separated by a 4 year recovery period), I had a refreshing chuckle reading-rereading  your above post at least four times. Aarrgghhh! describes the angst as well as the levity of the marital scenario well. LOL.

Thinking back on it I don’t think she realized they moved the tranny buttons to piano keys until we sat in the Corsair.  However, she didn’t say a thing about it that day.  I tried to assure her that she’d get used to the button placement in a week or two.  I think she’s really just stingy and doesn’t want to spend the money right now.

Can’t live with them, can’t shoot them.........