Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

cafpaf

Rear Lift Gate Support Struts

Are the rear lift gate support struts adjustable in any fashion?  I ask because when my deck lid closes it does so with a drop of about 4 - 6 inches from the bottom.  Also, can these things be replaced and if so does anyone know the correct part number.   I checked ford parts direct. com but am unsure as to which ones are for my vehicle.  It is a 2017 reserve MKX.  As always, thanks for the help.

Aren't you under warranty?  Might be different North of the 48th parallel as we got 4 years bumper to bumper.

If your concern with the hatch struts is the 'thud' at closing (one previous owner here referred to the closing as a "crash"), my experience with the current generation of MKX-Nautilus vehicles is that the noisy/abrupt hatch closing is normal albeit intrusive. I don't believe there is any adjustability to the strut function. As a word of caution if you're considering DIY replacement, the struts contain a pre-loaded spring. Also, I would assume that the part number remains the same across all trim models of your MKX.

My '16 closes with a thud also, actually I feel reassured it's closed, I'm not used to these self closing hatches yet!