Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Sign in to follow this  
The Kelvinator

Is there a solution for the disappointing Revel Ultima sound system?

Has anyone found a solution for this disappointing sound system, that sound like a transistor radio?   I am in my car for long periods of time and the sound system is very important to me.  I have a 2016 MKX BL.  It has 19 speakers and certain note or frequency ranges are dropped completely changing the music.  It's horribly disappointing!   For the amount of money I paid for the car, I should not have to get an aftermarket sound system.   If I played opera or classical music the system is great. But listen to Jazz and Gospel.  Just listen to Top 40 the sound is disappointing.

Ford and Lincoln seem to just ignore all of the complaints about this issue.

I have a 2010 and replace my Sync 1 system with a Pioneer Android Auto flip screen front end - Pioneer AVH3400NEX. I've been very happy with it especially the Android Auto.
I don't know if this is possible on a '16 since these cars now integrate functions increasingly into the audio/control screen 

However, before you spend anything, check to see if there is an equalizer built into the system that can be adjusted

On 8/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, The Kelvinator said:

Has anyone found a solution for this disappointing sound system, that sound like a transistor radio?   I am in my car for long periods of time and the sound system is very important to me.  I have a 2016 MKX BL.  It has 19 speakers and certain note or frequency ranges are dropped completely changing the music.  It's horribly disappointing!   For the amount of money I paid for the car, I should not have to get an aftermarket sound system.   If I played opera or classical music the system is great. But listen to Jazz and Gospel.  Just listen to Top 40 the sound is disappointing.

Ford and Lincoln seem to just ignore all of the complaints about this issue.

New hearing aids 

Eh? I turned in my MKX as the lease expired. That sounds system was one of the best I've ever heard. 

When the mkx first came out, that system was ranked in the top two or three by various sites. 

It was one of the true highlights of the vehicle. 

I've had two separate dealers look into this for me, both with the same response- that it was operating normally. But I agree with you. The audio system is my biggest disappointment with the car.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, RRivera said:

I've had two separate dealers look into this for me, both with the same response- that it was operating normally. But I agree with you. The audio system is my biggest disappointment with the car.

I had two separate ears confirm that the sounds systems is pretty fantastic. I do acknowledge your might be broken or you listen to satellite radio and expect cd quality 

10 hours ago, thisguy159 said:

I had two separate ears confirm that the sounds systems is pretty fantastic. I do acknowledge your might be broken or you listen to satellite radio and expect cd quality 

Depends a lot on the music source and a lot of it is 100% subjective.  If you're an audiophile like one of my buddies who builds his own speakers and tunes them by changing the number of wraps on the copper wire you're probably not going to be happy with it or any other automotive sound system.

We have the 13 speaker version on our 2016 MKX and it sounds great even on SiriusXM (most of the time).   Then again we're not audiophiles.

I'm a bit of an audiophile, I actually build my own amps. The 14 speaker Revel in my MKZ (the wife has the MKX with the base audio) is the best car stereo I have ever heard, and my passengers tend to agree. Maybe there's a malfunction in the OP's system. I've seen at least one other poster who didn't like the Revel sound and actually covered up the door tweeters.