Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

CGC

Rattling noise in the front when first excellerating.

I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX

There's a slight rattling noise when I first excelerate. Any ideas what could be wrong?

received_1294477700718116.png

Well the first problem is that it’s accelerate not excellerate.  Try premium fuel (91 or 93).  If that fixes it then go back and try 87 from another station.  Could just be bad fuel.  Otherwise it’s probably something internal changing the compression ratio.

My car burns premium gas. Sorry about the mispelling. The noise is only in the front tires.

I assumed it was an engine rattle since you weren't very specific.   If it's coming from the wheels then it's probably the CV joints but check the wheel bearings as well.   Jack up one side and put it in neutral (with wheels chocked and parking brakes on) and see if you can recreate it by moving the wheel.

Thank you. Great advice.

Replaced all the tires today. Discovered the right front rim was bent. Ordered a new rim. Drives much smoother now.

Pretty sure that was the cause.

Well that is a good reminder to not overlook the simple causes.  

Yes! It's a 12 year old car. I'm learning the history besides the carfax report. The bent rim explains why the wheel cap is missing on that rim. Have to buy a new cap for it. They go for between 40-50 each.