Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

JohnnyMN

Sending destination from Lincoln app to vehicle navi

When I’m in the Lincoln app navi and try send a destination to the vehicle navi, the app is telling me I need to connect my phone to the vehicle  via USB. That seems ridiculous and render that feature useless, so this makes me feel like I’m  doing something wrong.  Is is possible to do this without physically connecting the phone?

Why is it useless?  Takes a few seconds.   Bluetooth protocol probably doesn’t support that capability.

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why is it useless?  Takes a few seconds.   Bluetooth protocol probably doesn’t support that capability.

My previous vehicle was a Mercedes Benz GLC300. It also had an app that also had a navi function, and I could send a destination to the vehicle, without being physically tethered, so when I fire up the car it’s in the navi and ready to go.

Since the vehicle is internet connected it seems that having to physically connect phone to the car to do this is a clunky step to have to take.  I might as well use CarPlay and Google Maps then. But I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in app or vehicle setup or usage that was causing this to need to be done. 

To me this is a function that should be possible, but evidently it isn’t, making it a feature gap that Lincoln should close IMHO. 

I was actually able to do this for a short time with my 2011 Edge Ltd. w/navi from Mapquest.  Then this was stopped.  I was able to send the destination from my PC to my Sync system via my cell phone and save it.  It was a neat feature but it is sadly gone.

I agree it should work that way and it probably will in a future release.