Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

gags

Rain-sensing wipers

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKX with the rain-sensing wipers feature. I’m having the following problem:

If I disable  the rain-sensing wipers feature on the message center vehicle options, the wipers will intermittently come on and won’t turn off. If I enable this feature, the wipers don’t come on intermittently and everything is fine. Am I missing something here?

Also, the manual for this model year says if your vehicle is equipped with the rain-sensing wipers feature there are no intermittent wipe settings. So, if you disable the the rain-sensing wipers feature you have no intermittent wipers at all?

I would appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks,

g. 

Victoria, BC, Canada

If you disable rain sensing then it reverts to normal intermittent wipers.  You probably have the stalk in the first on position (where you leave it for rain sensing operation) which is the on position for intermittent operation as well.  Just pull the stalk down one time to the off position.

Hi

Lo

Intermittent or rain sensing

Off

Thanks for the reply. The wiper stalk in my vehicle does not click into any position (moving the stock up and down). It allows you to move it down for a single wipe but doesn’t click into any position. Now the intermittent control, turns from “0” to the highest intermittent speed by turning the the end of the stalk towards the window and away from the window. 

I again tried to disable the rain-sensing wiper feature and the wiper turns on at the low intermittent speed when the end of the stock is set to “0”. It will only turn off when I enable the rain-sensing wiper feature.

I’ve included a picture of the wiper stalk in my vehicle.

I’m completely stumped.

thanks,

g. 

C969F453-A939-415D-89F8-D8EEBC454F33.jpeg

gads,  My 11 MKX  doesn't  do what you have explained.

Sorry not able to help.

JEC

I'm having trouble seeing your pic. Are BOTH controls set to 0 or just the inside one (which controls to rear wiper)?

Both controls are set to “0”. 

So if the rain sensing feature is set to "off", and there is no intermittent cycles, what happens if you turn the front wiper control to, say, mid way? 

BTW, I would try turning off the courtesy wipe and see if they still operate this way. (Just as a test.)