Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

This is from the 2020 Ford Explorer.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could change the dash background color to whatever color we liked???

qhzirevintzqmwoves5n.jpg

I'd be much happier if the dash still showed artist and station in addition to song title. There is plenty of empty space on the display to have kept it. Looks like the Explorer has even more empty space. I realize it's still on the infotainment screen but why take away information from the dash that has been on Ford/Lincoln vehicles for several years?  Disappointing. 

I too find the Lincoln mostly-monochromatic (hey, where's the color!?) digital dash a little underwhelming. It works fine, but there's so much room for more information and differing configurations. For instance, I like the big center speedo, but would like to have trip info on the right and the graph of power distribution to the wheels on the left (don't really need the song info, as that's on the infotainment screen). The best digital dashes I've seen are Audi's and Range Rover's, but mainly because they are so much more colorful and you can move the navigation screen over to the digital dash and keep the infotainment screen for other stuff. They, too, are far less configurable on what info they can display than I think they need to be.

1 hour ago, NautiJeff said:

I'd be much happier if the dash still showed artist and station in addition to song title. There is plenty of empty space on the display to have kept it. Looks like the Explorer has even more empty space. I realize it's still on the infotainment screen but why take away information from the dash that has been on Ford/Lincoln vehicles for several years?  Disappointing. 

Pretty sure that display is customizable so it may be possible to do just that.   Although I'm not sure why you would want that - you can see it on the Audio screen or the Home screen.

Personally I have never had the radio station show in the instrument cluster. If it is on the infotainment screen I see that as sufficient. Cluster should be for vehicle info only , including nav. 

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

Pretty sure that display is customizable so it may be possible to do just that.   Although I'm not sure why you would want that - you can see it on the Audio screen or the Home screen.

No, it's not possible.  The only entertainment option is to show song title which for me is much less useful than artist since oftentimes it is easier to deduce a song title than the artist. Anyway, I digress.

Obviously, this is all a matter of personal preference.  One person's preference is never right or wrong.  My point is that I find it disappointing that this was previously information that one could display on the dash if they so chose and now that's no longer the case.

For me, on a long road trip when using navigation and the infotainment is in full screen map mode it is useful to be able to see the music information on the dash especially when you're hearing hours of music during the trip.  Others want to watch tire pressure change a few psi as the tires get warm or where the where power is being distributed...good for them.  I just find it disappointing that I can have my full song info on my 2014 Explorer cluster but not on my 2019 Nautilus. 

1 hour ago, NautiJeff said:

No, it's not possible.  The only entertainment option is to show song title which for me is much less useful than artist since oftentimes it is easier to deduce a song title than the artist. Anyway, I digress.

Obviously, this is all a matter of personal preference.  One person's preference is never right or wrong.  My point is that I find it disappointing that this was previously information that one could display on the dash if they so chose and now that's no longer the case.

For me, on a long road trip when using navigation and the infotainment is in full screen map mode it is useful to be able to see the music information on the dash especially when you're hearing hours of music during the trip.  Others want to watch tire pressure change a few psi as the tires get warm or where the where power is being distributed...good for them.  I just find it disappointing that I can have my full song info on my 2014 Explorer cluster but not on my 2019 Nautilus. 

I thought you were talking about the 2020 Explorer dash since that's what was being shown.  We don't know how much it can be customized yet.

There is a difference between I can't get that information and I can't get it the way I want it.  I understand it's a personal preference.

On my 2013 Fusion I used the right hand screen to adjust the auto climate temp.  They removed that sometime around 2015 or so.  I found that extremely useful to be able to adjust it from the steering wheel.  Although it is just a simple button press away on the center console so not a deal breaker.

I actually liked the amount of color on my '16 MKX dash.  Maybe at some point a software update will allow a background color, but probably unlikely.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, NautiJeff said:

Agree with this thought.

There are options to add tires pressure/trip 1 or 2/fuel economy/etc from the INFO/FUEL/TRIP options.  Would have been easy to add a RADIO DISPLAY option to pop that in the middle or on either side that included STATION/ARTIST/TITLE.  I know this is visible in the INFOTAINMENT screen, but I use Waze via Android Auto there.

Would be nice if Ford/Lincoln came up with a software update, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ANOTHER NOTE: Coming from a 2016 MKX, I find navigating the radio from the steering wheel options more difficult in the Nautilus than the MKX.

1 hour ago, DJJeffT said:

Agree with this thought.

There are options to add tires pressure/trip 1 or 2/fuel economy/etc from the INFO/FUEL/TRIP options.  Would have been easy to add a RADIO DISPLAY option to pop that in the middle or on either side that included STATION/ARTIST/TITLE.  I know this is visible in the INFOTAINMENT screen, but I use Waze via Android Auto there.

Would be nice if Ford/Lincoln came up with a software update, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ANOTHER NOTE: Coming from a 2016 MKX, I find navigating the radio from the steering wheel options more difficult in the Nautilus than the MKX.

Displaying climate control or infotainment data requires communication between the cluster and the APIM or the head unit.   It can be done but it's one more thing that has to be coded, tested and retested every time something changes.  And we know Ford is in cost cutting mode on this gen Edge/Nautilus anyway.   The next gen should get the Aviator display and it's possible they'll add more integration with other systems.   I agree it would be nice to be able to customize the display to show whatever info is available.