NOTMY911

Tire Pressure Monitor Fault

Out on a drive on Sunday and this came in all of a sudden.  Did got an Alert on my iPhone...

They will check it out tomorrow (previous appointment for replacing the driver door handle that was sticking out a few times after opening the door).

post-838-0-82945300-1539638453_thumb.jpg

post-838-0-51993500-1539638475_thumb.jpg

For future search...

They replace the Transceiver Remote Transceiver Module  (RTM) FL3Z 15607 L

Obviously a know problem as it is cover by a Customer Satisfaction Program 17b01

https://ford.oemdtc.com/2841/customer-satisfaction-program-17b01-remote-transceiver-module-reprogramming-2016-lincoln-mkx

Hello all, I too had this “Tire Pressure Monitor Fault”, thanks to NOTMY911 for posting this issue and the part number. Unfortunately for me I was 3k km out of my warranty so had to fix this issue myself. For those of you that are in the same boat, this is a very easy fix to do your self. No special tools required, though you will have to retrain your tire pressure sensors after module replacement, this process can be found in your manual or online. There is a tool to aid in training the sensors (8C2Z-1A203-A or TPMS-19) 

Though this can be done by releasing air on each tire as indicated on your instrument cluster. This RTM (Radio transceiver Module- FL3Z-15607-L) is located under the headliner at the centre rear of the vehicle. Accessible by removing the weather stripping around the rear door/hatch and by pulling down on the headliner, the headliner is secured with magnets and guide pins so no worry about breaking clips. You will see this module attached to the headliner itself about 8-10” in and centred. It sits in a bracket so the retaining clips will need to be released. Once released on the side facing you the module can be rolled up to release the front retaining clips, then unplug the old and plug in the new one and reinstall in the reverse of removal. Then push the headliner back into place and reinstall the weather strip. Then turn ignition on and start the tire pressure sensor training process in which ever method works for you. The horn will chirp when the training mode has been entered and when each wheel is learned. Once all 4 wheels are trained it must be driven for a few minutes in order for the pressure sensors to start transmitting to the module.  Also note that some cheaper electronics like USB cell phone charge adapters can interfere with the signal coming from each tire and could also cause a fault. This happens because these type of cheap devices can transmit similar if not the same frequency as the tire sensors and the module doesn’t get the proper signal. Quality units are typically shield from this interference escaping the device. Hope this helps some of you avoid the dealer for this particular problem, simple as this fix is electrical related problems can be a cash grab for the dealers. 

I was getting this error several times a year. Dealer retrained once, but its not a permanent fix. The batteries in the senders have limited life (think it's ten years). Using my OBD2 and cell phone, it was two different senders triggering to fault. So I wanted new tires and decided to install new senders. Dealer quoted Chinese aftermarket, I refused and stated Motorcraft.... They had to special order them! None in stock, said because of cost, they only stock Chineese aftermarket. 2016 is a little to soon for an exhausted battery, but anything is possible. Perhaps it was originally trained at a warm temperature and the cold threw off the setting. Retraining would work under these conditions.