Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

waltcmusic

Just ordered new 2018.9 Lincoln MKX 3.7L Black Label AWD today...

I'm not sure if my dealer is supposed to call me after order is placed, and a confirmation order receipt to give me. So far, nothing since May 1.

Your dealer is not supposed to do anything.   Some will keep you updated but most won't unless you call and ask.

Anyway, enjoy the purchase and congrats on having made a choice. 

Thanks. Did you get the stalling fixed, by the way?

It only happened once. Haven't had further problems.

One question on Lincoln Drive Control, will I get better highway MPG at "Comfort" or "Normal" mode? It's one of the two. I don't plan to use "Sport" mode, and I assume it gets the least MPG of the three.

Lincoln Drive Control makes no difference in fuel mileage - it only controls the suspension.

That’s different than putting the transmission into Sport mode.

Drive control has two settings for performance, Normal and Sport. Sport makes the trans holds the revs higher. You can make it stay in normal or go to Sport when pressing the S button (page 118 of the manual).

Drive control has two settings for performance, Normal and Sport. Sport makes the trans holds the revs higher. You can make it stay in normal or go to Sport when pressing the S button (page 118 of the manual).

Not exactly true. Lincoln Drive Control only affects the suspension, steering, stability and traction control and throttle response. You can choose Comfort, Normal or Sport.

The D or S mode is for the transmission and that is what holds revs higher in S - sport mode.

You can choose which drive control mode is active in D or S but they are separate things.

Sport makes the trans holds the revs higher.

Along with lower MPG since it's reving higher. I'm guessing comfort mode gets 1 MPG better than standard mode. I'll have to find out.

Edited by waltcmusic

I'm guessing comfort mode gets 1 MPG better than standard mode.

You’d be guessing wrong. The suspension setting doesn’t change fuel economy.

You’d be guessing wrong. The suspension setting doesn’t change fuel economy.

You're probably right. I guess I have to find out myself.  :) 

Who drives a Reserve or Black Label trim with standard 20" wheels? This one comes with AGS (Active Grille Shutters) standard, designed to improve 1-2 MPG on highway. Report your MPG here...

You're probably right. I guess I have to find out myself.  :)

Yes, please don't take our word for it.  We've only been driving this generation MKX since its introduction in 2015.

Nonetheless, we anxiously await your expert assessment.

Not exactly true. Lincoln Drive Control only affects the suspension, steering, stability and traction control and throttle response. You can choose Comfort, Normal or Sport.

The D or S mode is for the transmission and that is what holds revs higher in S - sport mode.

You can choose which drive control mode is active in D or S but they are separate things.

I think we're saying the same things. When mine is in D it's set for Comfort handling mode and Normal performance mode. In S, Sport handling mode and Sport performance mode.

I think we're saying the same things. When mine is in D it's set for Comfort handling mode and Normal performance mode. In S, Sport handling mode and Sport performance mode.

It's just semantics.  D or S will indirectly activate the preset Lincoln Drive Control setting.  But the Lincoln Drive Control setting itself does not put the transmission into Sport (S) mode.    So it's really whether you select D or S on the transmission regardless of the LDC setting.

Is a Lincoln Drive Control only applicable to AWD?

Is a Lincoln Drive Control only applicable to AWD?

Yes, only AWD version comes with Lincoln Drive Control included.

Yes, only AWD version comes with Lincoln Drive Control included.

Which I don’t understand but that’s the way it’s packaged.

Just curious, what's your opinion with Chroma Coulture Dark Brown exterior color? Do you like the color? I understand this is MKX Black Label exclusive color and more-popular than Chroma Copper. To me, the Chroma Dark Brown looks like Black, overall, whenever there's no sun shining at it, very classy, and never show its age. This Chroma Brown and Indugence theme pair well together going out to formal dinners for my lifetime.

For 2019 Nautilus, Chroma Brown is being replaced to Chroma Red or Chroma Grey to match with new Gala theme.

Edited by waltcmusic

Just curious, what's your opinion with Chroma Coulture Dark Brown exterior color? Do you like the color? I understand this is MKX Black Label exclusive color and more-popular than Chroma Copper. To me, the Chroma Dark Brown looks like Black, overall, whenever there's no sun shining at it, very classy, and never show its age. This Chroma Brown and Indugence theme pair well together going out to formal dinners for my lifetime.

For 2019 Nautilus, Chroma Brown is being replaced to Chroma Red or Chroma Grey to match with new Gala theme.

Have you been to the Fashion Island Lincoln Experience Center?  I think the MKC was a BL with the Chroma Coulture Dark Brown.  The best of the browns and black ;-)

I am a Dark/Light and Light/Dark -- Exterior/Interior kinda guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you been to the Fashion Island Lincoln Experience Center?  I think the MKC was a BL with the Chroma Coulture Dark Brown.  The best of the browns and black ;-)

I am a Dark/Light and Light/Dark -- Exterior/Interior kinda guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, since Lincoln decides to keep Indulgence in MKC for 2019, I know this dark brown color leans toward younger drivers. 

New 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Black Label "Gala" theme, shown with exclusive Chroma Red color with red Gala interior. To me, I think it's way uglier than MKX's Chroma Brown and Indulgence that I ordered.

Yeah...too much pink tint :-P 

I like my Bronze Fire much better.  No pink tint in ANY lighting.

If you own a 3.7L, at 1,500 RPM exact with cruise on, what's the MPH speed shown on speedometer?

If you own a 3.7L, at 1,500 RPM exact with cruise on, what's the MPH speed shown on speedometer?

~1400 RPM, 50 MPH, ~36MPG

Those numbers are the same for my 2.7 Nano with 18" tires on a level road of 18 miles distance @ 50 MPH (following a shift into 6th gear at ~48 MPH).

Caveat: I was running on one tire at 22 pounds of air...remaining three tires were at 35-36.

Edited by Cosmos36