Sign in to follow this  
punch-card

Sync 3 update to version 3

I have not done this yet, but I see version 3 os for Sync 3 is out. Hopefully I will have time next week to try the update.

Let me know if anyone has tried it yet.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1997731&postcount=43

I hope it fixes the Navigation volume issue.  I have 2.2 but it still starts the navigation volume at 17 after a vehicle restart.

Hope it lets me touch the screen more the screen before locking it out.

I haven't tried out nav vol ( I have same issue as Akirby) will report back as soon as I test it. As far as screen locks from numerous touches I have never had that problem. Install took about 30 minutes from flash drive. Unzipped main files to a flash drive plugged it into usb port of the X. Started vehicle. At first it did not seem like anything was hapening, then in top left corner is had msg I think it said "Updating Software" after update was complete it gave msg that update was complete and usb drive can be removed and that update will complete on next start-up.

Changes I have noticed are:

1. Main screen now has steering wheel heater icon 

2. Nav Icon has changed

I just recently installed and haven't tested anything from just scrolling through menus. If I notice anything different I will update.

Hope this helps!

post-1101-0-68051400-1506310399_thumb.png

post-1101-0-61874300-1506310419_thumb.png

The limited touches are in AA. For example when scrolling fav in Waze of you go past 3rd or 4th screen it will not let you go further. This is sync limitation not the apps or Android or aa

So audio prompts still initiate the volume at 17 when Nav starts (I know not everyone has this issue, but for those who do, the update did not fix it). 

Scrolling while in AA is still the same it will lock at 3rd/4th scroll. This is a "Security Feature" as is states when reaching max scrolls either in Waze, GMaps, Audio Play list, etc.

So far I haven't noticed any significant changes, so I'm guessing it was more of a "stability" update to fix reported issues.

As for the Shouting Lady on the Navigation System, I posted exactly a year ago today of a dealer software update that solved that issue on my MKX. (10-25-2016)

Scrolling while in AA is still the same it will lock at 3rd/4th scroll. This is a "Security Feature" as is states when reaching max scrolls either in Waze, GMaps, Audio Play list, etc.

SO irritating, not other Ford/Lincoln vehicles 2017 on have that...it is not a security feature at all

SO irritating, not other Ford/Lincoln vehicles 2017 on have that...it is not a security feature at all

I could not take a pic while driving but a msg comes up when scrolling down audio playlist while in AA. It is annoying, however, I do agree it is a safety feature. I would rather people not scroll through their audio playlists or Nav favs while driving. I believe this feature is disabled when parked or not moving. I will look into it later on today. 

Where I agree it can be irritating is Sync natively does not limit on how much you can scroll via audio playlists (I havent tested on Nav), which makes it confusing and irritating when expecting same functionality when using AA. 

As for the Shouting Lady on the Navigation System, I posted exactly a year ago today of a dealer software update that solved that issue on my MKX. (10-25-2016)

It was not that important to me to goto dealer. One day I may but for now I will just turn it down when prompts start yelling

for those who missed elijahbird's post http://lincolnmkxforum.com/topic/1640-navigation-shouting-lady-dealer-fixed-itafter-some-confusion/?p=7103

I could not take a pic while driving but a msg comes up when scrolling down audio playlist while in AA. It is annoying, however, I do agree it is a safety feature. I would rather people not scroll through their audio playlists or Nav favs while driving. I believe this feature is disabled when parked or not moving. I will look into it later on today. 

Where I agree it can be irritating is Sync natively does not limit on how much you can scroll via audio playlists (I havent tested on Nav), which makes it confusing and irritating when expecting same functionality when using AA. 

I very much disagree, if you need to get to a contact or destination and cannot use voice it becomes a scramble to figure out a way around it typically involving using your phone an much worse option.  Obviously ford realized it at some point and doesn't require it now.  I would also argue if that is the issue then sync should be limited to 3-4 presses, same scenario so that you cannot adjust your climate or setting or anything else beyond 4.  Its a stupid safety feature. If its truly a safety feature then ALL interactions with sync should be limited to 3-4 touches rendering it useless.

I very much disagree, if you need to get to a contact or destination and cannot use voice it becomes a scramble to figure out a way around it typically involving using your phone an much worse option.  Obviously ford realized it at some point and doesn't require it now.  I would also argue if that is the issue then sync should be limited to 3-4 presses, same scenario so that you cannot adjust your climate or setting or anything else beyond 4.  Its a stupid safety feature. If its truly a safety feature then ALL interactions with sync should be limited to 3-4 touches rendering it useless.

Thats cool. I have never had issues with voice commands so I rarely if ever need my phone or infotainment center while driving. We can agree to disagree. 

I assumed the dealer fix for the nav volume was incorporated into the 2.2 and 3.0 updates.  If not that's puzzling.

It was a Technical Service Bulletin. It depended upon your date of production and the Audio System you have.

"Inspect per SSM# 45747 For Calibration Update-A07"

Update DSP Module to Latest Calibration..

That's all the information that was on the receipt.

Probably worth checking with your Lincoln service manager to find out. If the updates so far haven't solved the issue, then it may be only something the dealer can do.

At the bottom of my window sticker is a date of 12/23/15. I don't know if that is the date the sticker was produced or when it was built, and I have the Revel 1 Audio.

Just did an update took exactly 23 min. AA much much quicker I enjoy it a lot more. Otherwise small aesthetic touches icons etc

Surprised that this hasn't gotten more action. I guess once we got AA/CP it no longer matters as much. Either way week in no issue I do enjoy quicker AA is much snappier though NOTE. If you have AA and go into developer menu and change ur transition speed on your phone it also speeds it up so u don't necessarily need very 3. Your phone transitions and AA will speed up if you change it to .5 or .75 makes your phone feel snappier too.

I have the Sync 3 with the automatic WIFI updates. I am currently running version 2.2, when I run "check for updates" it does not find version 3.0 as an option. Is version 3.0 a Ford only update, or should have appeared as a viable update after the scan?

The WiFi updates usually run months behind the downloaded versions. 

Since Lincoln hasn't even made 3.0 available for official download, I'd say we are quite some time away from downloads via WiFi.

Edited by walkabout

after a devil of a time to get the sync 2 installed (finally had the dealer do it) this update went smooth.  down loaded the update to a thumb drive and stuck it in the armrest USB plug.  The only thing that was somewhat interesting was that when I was driving home I was prompted to remove the thumb drive, "update completed" or something to that effect.  on the 30 minute drive home maps was still updating.  got home and it was still updating.  got in the car this morning and it took about 15 seconds and maps was done.  it does appear to leave the nav volume where I set it as a test. it also appears to have brought back (or maybe it was never there or I missed it) congested highways, much like Google Maps.   other than the other minor changes mentioned here I haven't notice much difference.  one area that bugs me; I live in Wisconsin and it still shows a speed limit of 65 on highways that are 70.  and that has been a change  for many years.  Dealer blames the state for not updating something.  

otherwise an easy process.

Chris

after a devil of a time to get the sync 2 installed (finally had the dealer do it) this update went smooth.  down loaded the update to a thumb drive and stuck it in the armrest USB plug.  The only thing that was somewhat interesting was that when I was driving home I was prompted to remove the thumb drive, "update completed" or something to that effect.  on the 30 minute drive home maps was still updating.  got home and it was still updating.  got in the car this morning and it took about 15 seconds and maps was done.  it does appear to leave the nav volume where I set it as a test. it also appears to have brought back (or maybe it was never there or I missed it) congested highways, much like Google Maps.   other than the other minor changes mentioned here I haven't notice much difference.  one area that bugs me; I live in Wisconsin and it still shows a speed limit of 65 on highways that are 70.  and that has been a change  for many years.  Dealer blames the state for not updating something.  

otherwise an easy process.

Chris

it would bother me too if i lived in wisconsin. Zing Bears!

Sync software update will not update speed limits and your dealer is a dumb dumb.  This update is for the OS (operating software) only mapping software one that would update the speed limits is a separate update that you will pay for. Another reason why navi software is pointless in cars (not completely) and AA or CP are so much better option.  OH and by the way if you do ever install the latest and greatest mapping software i assure you when you get it it is already 6 to 12 months out of date.

Any reputable links for the update? Thought I had a good one from a Ford Mustang group, but after downloading to stick, it did not appear to be recognized. No notification that I was about to initiate an update.

Any reputable links for the update? Thought I had a good one from a Ford Mustang group, but after downloading to stick, it did not appear to be recognized. No notification that I was about to initiate an update.

The link from the op is a good link and correct software. This being not official there would not be a "reputable" link. I assume you followed all the steps like formation unzipping etc?