Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

oil changes yourself?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   richy

richy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationWindsor
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2015

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

I've always done my own oil changes on my cars, including the '11 MKX for the last 6.5 years.

The '16 was made in April of '16 and sat through 5 seasons. It was time to change it regardless of mileage. (only 1100 km now). I always run AMSOIL and ordered in their best synthetic and a wix filter.

I watched a video of an F150 with the 2.7 EB and figured I was all set. The oil did seem to gush out quickly in the video but I thought my collection funnel and plastic container would work. (It has for every other car)

When I removed the plug, I was dumbfounded at the terrific rate at which the oil dumped! It very quickly filled the funnel and then proceeded to overflow with Gusto! I bet at least 2 quarts skilled onto the floor. I was not a happy camper!

Who changes their own oil on their EB? What collection container do you use that can handle the volume?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Resident

• PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

We have free maintenance on the MKX so I haven't tried it yet (also 3.7L), but on all the other vehicles I just use a large rubbermaid pan with an integrated oil filter holder - no funnel.

#3 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

You could just install a Fumoto valve and hose. Easy to control flow into a conventional pan or empty plastic oil containers. :kookie:

https://www.fumotooi...&modelId=333191

Edited by enigma-2, 17 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·