Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

ibewsparky

Sun Shade

Just got a 2007mMKX, great car, I bought it used and the rear sun shade wont return to the closed position front shad shade is working perfectly.  Is there a quick fix?

thanks in advance for any ideas. 

My sunshade does not close at all. I was wondering if the window and the sunscreen operated on two different fuses?

Try s reset. Hold down the close switch for 10 seconds.

I tried that... nothing. I finally got my tailgate to open/close. Wish the sunshade was as easy.

The motors for for the glass and shade are wired in parallel. When looking at the wiring schematics, the trigger signal to the shade comes off the K bus from the glass motor (which is acting as the master controller).

(Both share the same fuse). I assume that the glass panel is closing fully? (The shade will not try to close until the glass is fully closed).

Testing involves the following:

• Fuse

•Accessory delay relay

•Roof opening glass panel (1) OR shade (2) not initialized

•Wiring, terminals or Connectors 

•Roof opening shade motor (1) OR glass panel motor (2).

Testing

(1) do power windows operate - yes.

(2) is panel initialized - yes

(3) remove roof panel opening switch and test for continuity.

(4) Lot of component testing on wiring and connectors. Looking for corrosion, etc .

Have you attempted to open using GLOBAL OPEN (different circuitry)? Then try glass/shade close.

How do you initialize the sunshade? The glass does close all the way, and will go into the tilt position... but the sunshade doesnt even make a sound or attempt to move. I will have to try testing the electrical components. Now... are the electrical components closer to the back or the front of the vehicle.

Global Open? How is that? or what?

At the moment I am in the process of replacing the water pump and timing chain. This should be interesting to say the least.. LOL

Global open is where you open the panoramic roof (aka bamr) with your remote control. Opens the front  windows and pops the moonrise up to the vent position. 

To activate , hold the unlock button for 2 or 3 seconds. (Designed to get the superheated hot air out so you can enter without roasting). Have to close windows and roof manually however.