Sign in to follow this  
Charles

Dual Climate Control Problem

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with dual climate. It is blowing cold on the drivers side and warm on the passengers side. It is that way with defrost, floor settings, etc. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks

Sounds as if the drivers blend air door was not opening. Could be the door actuator or the HVAC control module.

Sounds as if the drivers blend air door was not opening. Could be the door actuator or the HVAC control module.

My thoughts too.

Thanks for your replies. I'll have to check it out

Let us know what you find out

My 2007 MKX has heat on passenger side. No heat on drivers side. This sounds like a common problem on The Ford Edge dual climate control as well. My vehicle has gone to dealer now for the 4th time. Now out of extended warranty. Cold in Faibanks, AK

Ford just issued a new recall on this. Follow this link for more information. Affects 07 through 09 Edge & MKX.

Ok so you can either unplug the door blend actuator and replug it back in while running. The plug is green under the drivers side dash. 4 pins i believe. I have a 2012 Mkx but it should be the same on a lot of edges as well. Or you can reset the vehicle to factory settings. Follow directions in the manual if you need to. This is what worked for me when blowing hot only on drivers side and whatever you want temp on passesnger side.

My 2009 MKX is doing the same thing. Set it to 90 and the passenger side is hot but drivers side is cool/Little warm. On the drivers side, the actuator is moving the lever. But not where I want it to be for it to be hot on the drivers side as well. Can the actuator be running partially? Like a sign of it going bad? No parts place stocks it near my house. Wanted to find out more info before I spend $50 on a part.  Thank you everyone!

Have you tried resetting it? (See 2 posts up).

How do you reset it? I tried pulling the plug and plugging it back in and still the same thing.

I seen that post. I did try that. :-)

I couldn't find in my manual on how to reset factory settings.

I seen  saw that post. I did try that. :-)

FTFY.  Sorry, huge pet peeve.

What page is it on? I went through the whole thing and didn't find anything.

Self test mode starts at page 7.

Edited by enigma-2

Update.

I changed the left side(drivers) actuator.

Tested the hvac unit and all checks out ok.

Cranked the heat all the way to 90 and I still have cold air on the drivers side and hot on the passenger side.

Totally frustrated.

Hi Brian, I'm traveling, in Issaquah Washington right now, don't remember the key combination. Did you reset the HVAC module? Believe it was mentioned in the 1st video. Running the diagnostics program, resets the module. Everything should work afterwards as this is a common fix.

Hi Brian, I'm traveling, in Issaquah Washington right now, don't remember the key combination. Did you reset the HVAC module? Believe it was mentioned in the 1st video. Running the diagnostics program, resets the module. Everything should work afterwards as this is a common fix.

I did try the diagnostic check/reset and the same thing. Cold drivers side on max heat 90 degrees and passenger side is hot.

Can anybody help me with my problem with my mkx? I replace the LH actuator that is located on the drivers side near the floor and center consol of the vehicle. The part came with new arms it I only replaced the actuator since it was really hard to get to. I tried resetting the hvac module. And still no go. What other actuator and location of the actuator should I try next? Wish I had a parts diagram to help me.

Try running the HVAC module in the diagnostic mode and see if it spits out any DCT's.

Press the OFF button and DEFROST buttons simultaneously, then release and press the AUTO button within two seconds. You should see flashing bars and then the DTC codes will appear.

If you see 88 88 it means no codes stored.

Afterwards, press the DEFROST button to put the system back into opetation.

Tried that already enigma. I replaced the radiator in my mkx. My upper hose is hot while running while the lower one is just warm not hot. Could it be that my coolant is not flowing through properly?