Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Update to Lincoln iPhone App

iphone mobile app lincoln

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   anzio

anzio

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationBarrie
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

So the shop hooked the MKX up to their computer and it said all systems were up to date, so no TCU update for me. And no change in the functionality of the mobile app. :(

Ah bummer. Thanks for taking the jump and asking for the update and letting us know though.

Maybe we will see something soon.
  • mosh00 likes this

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD (Midnight Sapphire Blue/Cappuccino)

2.7L GTDI, Revel, Technology Package, Canadian Touring Package

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD (Burgundy Velvet/Cappuccino)

2.7L GTDI, 22-way seats, Canadians Touring Package, Trailer Towing Package

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

Ah bummer. Thanks for taking the jump and asking for the update and letting us know though.

Maybe we will see something soon.

Yea, the service manager said that while there was no update today, doesn't mean one will be released tomorrow.  Guess we will all have to keep watching....

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

2.7L EcoBoost - AWD - White Platinum Metallic (Exterior) - Hazelnut (Interior) - Luxury Package - Driver Assistance Package - Technology Package - Climate Package - Cargo Utility Package - 22-Way Adjustable Seats - Trailer Tow Package - Adaptive Steering - Inflatable Rear-Seat Belts - Enhanced Security Package - 21" Premium Painted Aluminum Rims

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

#23 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

I did the update from Sync3 version 2.2 to 2.3 yesterday by wi-fi. Just wanted to see how long it would take, and it was over two hours+. I had downloaded it onto a flash drive from my computer, but just wanted to see how it went with wi-fi. Probably not make that choice again...

#24 OFFLINE   rasfl31

rasfl31

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

So the shop hooked the MKX up to their computer and it said all systems were up to date, so no TCU update for me.  And no change in the functionality of the mobile app.   :(

Can you try upgrading your SYNC 3 system to v2.3? Maybe your TCU already came the latest version and your SYNC system needs to still be updated? The upgrade should be available on the SYNCMyRide website.

#25 OFFLINE   anzio

anzio

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBarrie

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:51 AM

Speaking of SYNC 3 v2.3: does anyone use CarPlay and have this update installed? I just installed it on my MKX, and scrolling lists (or the map) by swiping my finger seems to be very choppy. I went ahead and did a master reset of the SYNC system, but the issue remains. The other MKX in our household is still on SYNC 3 v2.2, and the same phone is buttery smooth when scrolling lists or swiping on the map on CarPlay.

I shot an email to the Lincoln Way Concierge team, and I'll see what they come up with. I haven't done a heck of a lot of troubleshooting since it's a minor issue, but it's definitely become noticeable since I've updated SYNC. 

#26 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

Can you try upgrading your SYNC 3 system to v2.3? Maybe your TCU already came the latest version and your SYNC system needs to still be updated? The upgrade should be available on the SYNCMyRide website.

Okay.  I will upgrade it tonight and report back.

Mike

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

2.7L EcoBoost - AWD - White Platinum Metallic (Exterior) - Hazelnut (Interior) - Luxury Package - Driver Assistance Package - Technology Package - Climate Package - Cargo Utility Package - 22-Way Adjustable Seats - Trailer Tow Package - Adaptive Steering - Inflatable Rear-Seat Belts - Enhanced Security Package - 21" Premium Painted Aluminum Rims

#27 OFFLINE   mosh00

mosh00

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

Okay, I upgraded to version 2.3.  I'm running the latest version of the Lincoln Way App (version 1.5).  I see absolutely no difference with the app.  So I don't know what we need to do to get the new features.  

2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

#28 OFFLINE   anzio

anzio

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBarrie

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Okay, I upgraded to version 2.3.  I'm running the latest version of the Lincoln Way App (version 1.5).  I see absolutely no difference with the app.  So I don't know what we need to do to get the new features.  

The more I read the app update release notes, the more I think that the majority of these new features are limited to the 2018 model year vehicles.

For example, for all the navigation functionality (e.g. using mobile device for up to date map info, sending POI's to navigation system from your iPhone, etc), they've put the number 7 beside the new feature list as a disclaimer. Looking at the main app details, (7) indicates: "Only available on 2018 Lincoln vehicles."

Now, that doesn't seem to be applied to the update that introduced the tire pressure gauge (which is oddly coupled with a 'distance-to-empty' feature which I've had since long before this update). It also doesn't seem to be applied to the update about remote locking when the door is ajar, although I haven't tried remote locking lately with an ajar door. The first time I did it, on SYNC 3 v2.2 as soon as the app update came out, it seemed to say Vehicle Locked even when the door was ajar.

• Timmer likes this

#29 OFFLINE   rasfl31

rasfl31

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

The more I read the app update release notes, the more I think that the majority of these new features are limited to the 2018 model year vehicles.

For example, for all the navigation functionality (e.g. using mobile device for up to date map info, sending POI's to navigation system from your iPhone, etc), they've put the number 7 beside the new feature list as a disclaimer. Looking at the main app details, (7) indicates: "Only available on 2018 Lincoln vehicles."

Now, that doesn't seem to be applied to the update that introduced the tire pressure gauge (which is oddly coupled with a 'distance-to-empty' feature which I've had since long before this update). It also doesn't seem to be applied to the update about remote locking when the door is ajar, although I haven't tried remote locking lately with an ajar door. The first time I did it, on SYNC 3 v2.2 as soon as the app update came out, it seemed to say Vehicle Locked even when the door was ajar.

That's interesting, you would think the Lincoln Concierge would know that when you contact them and ask them about the missing features. The updated map data would be nice for my vehicle because the maps that came with SYNC 3 are ridiculously out of date, and as far as I know, there are no updates for it.

#30 OFFLINE   elijahbird7

elijahbird7

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationNE Illinois
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

This may be something I just didn't notice on the 2.2, but on a trip lately I noticed that in navigation, the thing that is between the two dials on the dash and looks like a thermometer telling you how far you are from the next turn also shows up now in a larger version on the center 8" screen navigation map. I have the 2.3 version installed, so that may be the only thing different from before, or maybe I just didn't notice it before...not sure

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iphone, mobile, app, lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·