Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hardware upgrade to enable Apple Car Play

hardware upgrade apple car play

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   markl

markl

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Premier
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yes, it's available as I installed it myself. I went from version 1 to 2.2. You can try with another dealer. They obviously don't know.

They finally got the replacement APIM, and it came with 2.2.  So, that's done at least.  Now, if the official hardware would be released...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Ruby

Ruby

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

The official hardware has been released. The Lincoln part number for the new USB hub is HA1Z-19A387-A.

Edited by Ruby, 11 May 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   RioZavarce

RioZavarce

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPoconos
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve 3.7L

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

Check my earlier post. I have pictures too.

#44 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

The official hardware has been released. The Lincoln part number for the new USB hub is HA1Z-19A387-A.

Listed as a genuine OEM Ford Part #.

~$60 on the free market, probably ~$300 installed at the dealership as previously posted...

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#45 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Black Label

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

I got the part from the dealer,  with the part number mentioned in the earlier post.

I couldn't get it out with a credit card,  but went to Harbor Freight and got the blue trim removal tool and used the tool that looked like a crowbar as others have said and it came right out.  I didn't realize until I got into it that since the compartment is so small,  you actually use the small end of the tool that's more of at a 90 angle to pry it open.   It was actually harder to get one of the wire connectors off than the hub itself.   Good luck to everyone.

Review of the software,  to be honest I don't get what all the rave is about.  If you want to change radio stations or see the temperature you have to bounce out of the interface to sync 3.   It just says "maps"  on the home screen and when you touch it, it bounces back to carplay.  I think it's pretty clunky.    

#46 OFFLINE   wbferrara

wbferrara

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:2011-2014

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

Just had the hardware upgrade today. Carplay up and running with one tap. It was actually quite easy to navigate. Going to Sync screen was smooth. The nicest surprise was that the center display between the dashboard gauges still allows selection of radio, iPod, USB and Sirius while carplay is engaged. I actually find the maps a bit better, especially since the traffic status is much more up to date than the fixed data in Sync. And both the front compartment and middle console USB ports support Carplay. Using Siri for texts seems to be more responsive than the already available long press technique.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware, upgrade, apple, car play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·