Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sync 3 Firmware update to V2.26 this month (Jan 2017)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouth East
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Are you then suggesting this method to install the update, prior to inserting the usb with the update on it?

No. What I was getting at was that maybe your car unit had automatically started a download when connected to your home Wi-Fi. Maybe try to see if there is an option to install without the USB drive in place by going to the settings option and checking the automatic update option to see if there are any status change or update pending.

Also, does your unit have the navigation? I believe the update files for the non navigation unit are much larger than the update for units with navigation. Check to see if you have the correct version or not. Hope this helps

Edited by mfam16, 17 January 2017 - 09:36 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   MJM

MJM

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNH
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:35 AM

No luck,  did the power+FF restart and same thing,    it says there  The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version

It clearly recognizes that it's an update,  it just won't install.

I'm guessing their is a mistake?  and it's not the right version for my unit?  Or a problem with my mac file system?   I'm going to try giving them a call.

I have both a Mac and PC.  I initially downloaded the update zip file on my Mac, but when I unzipped it, the files didn't look right (back vs forward slash on folder names).  So I moved it to a PC and did the unzip and copy to USB drive on the PC.  That worked.  It wouldn't surprise me if the process is not very portable.

On that note, I found it impossible to do the "notify Lincoln" of installation step.  When I opened the XML file to upload, it would prepend a "fakedata" name to the file, with no ability to edit it.  Same problem using several different browsers on both PC and Mac.  The software guys at Lincoln are apparently pretty sketchy.

#23 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Black Label

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

I did download the software on a PC and it installed fine

Bummer there was a hiccup on the mac process and the instructions aren't listed on the site

So far so good, now just need the hub

#24 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

I did download the software on a PC and it installed fine

Bummer there was a hiccup on the mac process and the instructions aren't listed on the site

So far so good, now just need the hub

Glad you were able to get it installed successfully.

#25 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

The voice engine is definitely softer.  More "smooth".   It used to vibrate my center speaker occasionally and it appears the softer tone has helped

The volume prompt would always be too loud and despite changing it, it would go back to loud the next time.  Seems softer now.  

Different background slightly at the bottom by the icons

On the NAV when you're on the home screen now the grey box with the road name is darker

The heated steering wheel icon now has a small red circle in the box

I thought I had read somewhere it would have fewer lines in the menu tree to get to searching for something like a POI,  but it appears to the the same.

I didn't have to say "navigation"  just find a POI though.

If anyone else notices any changes to the native sync software,  please post

#26 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Regarding the confirm to Lincoln,

I logged back into the website and clicked the select file button,  navigated to the flash drive and selected it,  but there is no "next" or confirm button,  it never lets you proceed to the final step.

#27 OFFLINE   MJM

MJM

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNH

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Regarding the update, as reported the Android Auto feature works for me, but the iPhone CarPlay does not (no surprise, probably needs the reported USB hardware upgrade).  

Can anyone confirm exactly what USB update needs to be done (ordering info), and whether it actually then works with iPhone?  Best would be a do it yourself solution if straight-forward, as our local Lincoln dealer was clueless about this issue.  

#28 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

Regarding the update, as reported the Android Auto feature works for me, but the iPhone CarPlay does not (no surprise, probably needs the reported USB hardware upgrade).
Can anyone confirm exactly what USB update needs to be done (ordering info), and whether it actually then works with iPhone? Best would be a do it yourself solution if straight-forward, as our local Lincoln dealer was clueless about this issue.

From what I've read, the USB port needed for CP in Lincoln's is GJ7Z-19A387-B which is the white USB Port with LED's - List Price: $63.01 USD.

I don't have any iOS products so I cannot confirm if this is indeed the correct part.

#29 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

...  On that note, I found it impossible to do the "notify Lincoln" of installation step.  When I opened the XML file to upload, it would prepend a "fakedata" name to the file, with no ability to edit it.  Same problem using several different browsers on both PC and Mac.  The software guys at Lincoln are apparently pretty sketchy.

Well after I update successfully, it told me that I could remove the USB stick and the update would take effect on the next power on.  So after 2 try it still show V1...

So I reformat the USB, download again & copy the file to the USB again (another 30 minutes of my life I'll never see)...  Get back in the car, start her up and Lo and Behold the update take effect.  So I no longer have to file to register my update.

I contact the Concierge and he refers me to the Technical Concierge who transfer me to the Local Concierge that tell me that I have to call the "800 Sync 3 hot line."..

As you can guess, nothing resolve as he tell me that I should either "retry the update" or go to the dealership...  I told him that neither of his solution was going to happened.

Coincidently before I talked to the "800 we can fix everything guy", I was told to stay on the line to do a Satisfaction Survey...  Well just like their suggestion, the line went dead. :twister:  :rant2:  :swear:

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#30 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Well after I update successfully, it told me that I could remove the USB stick and the update would take effect on the next power on. So after 2 try it still show V1...

So I reformat the USB, download again & copy the file to the USB again (another 30 minutes of my life I'll never see)... Get back in the car, start her up and Lo and Behold the update take effect. So I no longer have to file to register my update.

I contact the Concierge and he refers me to the Technical Concierge who transfer me to the Local Concierge that tell me that I have to call the "800 Sync 3 hot line."..

As you can guess, nothing resolve as he tell me that I should either "retry the update" or go to the dealership... I told him that neither of his solution was going to happened.

Coincidently before I talked to the "800 we can fix everything guy", I was told to stay on the line to do a Satisfaction Survey... Well just like their suggestion, the line went dead. :twister: :rant2: :swear:

Is it showing v1 on the owners.lincoln site? Quick way the owner's site to site update is to goto your vehicle. Goto settings, select auto update, select check for updates. (Note: you will need to be connected to home Wi-Fi) afterwards go back to owner's site and it should show your latest version 2.2

#31 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Is it showing v1 on the owners.lincoln site? Quick way the owner's site to site update is to goto your vehicle. Goto settings, select auto update, select check for updates. (Note: you will need to be connected to home Wi-Fi) afterwards go back to owner's site and it should show your latest version 2.2

Did that but the Owner Site still show V1 but will retry on the week-end.  Thanks.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#32 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

When you try again, let update check run its complete course without leaving Wi-Fi network. This should insure you get proper communication. Also Ford's servers may be lagging behind in site info. Give it a couple of day and recheck owner's site to see if info is current. I personally would not stress over it as it will not effect functionality.

#33 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

So wanting to ensure the correct part number for the MKX,  I had my dealer try to order it.

They said the hub is not available for the MKX,  and when it is it would require 1.5 hours of labor to remove the center console.

Clearly there is some confusion.

Has anyone successfully replaced the hub,  and if so,  can you confirm the part number and if you got it from an actual lincoln dealer,  or through the internet?

Part number posted above was GJ7Z-19A387-B    ?  Is this correct?

Second question,    if you replace the hub that's below the GPS as the instructions say,    does the USB that's below the arm rest work for Carplay?

I though I read once that the second one is correct through the first,  but that was before the car play issue.

#34 OFFLINE   IggyAZ

IggyAZ

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

Yes that is the build I installed also.

Attached Files

• mfam16 likes this

It's Here- 2016 MKX with Sync 3

#35 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

So wanting to ensure the correct part number for the MKX,  I had my dealer try to order it.

They said the hub is not available for the MKX,  and when it is it would require 1.5 hours of labor to remove the center console.

Clearly there is some confusion.

Has anyone successfully replaced the hub,  and if so,  can you confirm the part number and if you got it from an actual lincoln dealer,  or through the internet?

Part number posted above was GJ7Z-19A387-B    ?  Is this correct?

Second question,    if you replace the hub that's below the GPS as the instructions say,    does the USB that's below the arm rest work for Carplay?

I though I read once that the second one is correct through the first,  but that was before the car play issue.

I went back to the post where someone with a MKC had installed a hub by themselves. [ http://www.f150forum...33/#post5081080] It looks like the part number I've been posting is incorrect as it has two usb ports.  

Also to your other question, I think [basing it off of logic] that only the new hub will work with carplay. Reason being it would require apple's security protocol for I believe mfi. Even though I am not a fan of iOS, it would be cool if they had an adapter you could just plug into existing hub to become certified and allow CP. 

#36 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

Has anyone successfully received this update over WiFi?   Isn't that supposed to be one of the features of the system, to automatically download and install updates ?

#37 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Yes, but I think the question is whether it's been officially released for all vehicles yet.  Once it's officially released it should be wi-fi updateable.

#38 OFFLINE   Jeff909

Jeff909

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

It's been officially released as I downloaded it from support.lincoln.com

Still awaiting a response from the dealer on the MKX part number.

Regarding the arm rest USB port,   I agree it's probable on the front hub will work for car play,  but I'm holding out a small amount of hope that the second auxiliary one technically some how runs via the main hub.

#39 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSuwanee, GA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

I was thinking the second one was daisy chained off the hub so both would work but I don't know for sure.

#40 OFFLINE   VisionPilot

VisionPilot

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationMidwest
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

It's been officially released as I downloaded it from support.lincoln.com

Still awaiting a response from the dealer on the MKX part number.

Regarding the arm rest USB port,   I agree it's probable on the front hub will work for car play,  but I'm holding out a small amount of hope that the second auxiliary one technically some how runs via the main hub.

I know it's been officially released, hence my question, why hasn't it auto updated over my WiFi at home?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·