Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Wheels are taking a Beating

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   walkabout

walkabout

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Mkx
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

I'm not playing flame wars with anybody. However, we get that your down on Lincoln and it is fine too make that observation. However, it would be great if the rest of us who are living with these vehicles could have a forum for our discussions without every thread getting interrupted byy "Lincoln stinks" rants.

Fwiw, my last vehicle was aa 3 series wagon. Before that, I had an Acura TSX. I found both bmw and acura a pleasure to deal with in general. I've been mostly satisfied with Lincoln as well. I have my complaints about the MKX but the overall quality control had been fine and the manufacturer support as expected. I'm impressed, if anything.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

It's one thing if you're an owner and having a problem or you're curious about a specific issue or issues in general and want to have a rational discussion about it. 

But this is the very definition of trolling and it won't be tolerated. 

• mosh00 and qwkrunner like this

#23 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationSouthern Plains

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

I'm not playing flame wars with anybody. However, we get that your down on Lincoln and it is fine too make that observation. However, it would be great if the rest of us who are living with these vehicles could have a forum for our discussions without every thread getting interrupted byy "Lincoln stinks" rants.

Fwiw, my last vehicle was aa 3 series wagon. Before that, I had an Acura TSX. I found both bmw and acura a pleasure to deal with in general. I've been mostly satisfied with Lincoln as well. I have my complaints about the MKX but the overall quality control had been fine and the manufacturer support as expected. I'm impressed, if anything.

I did not interrupt EVERY thread with a Lincoln stinks rant.  I started my own thread then you guys interrupted it :-)

And one comment on another thread.  Don't "exaggerate" as the mighty moderator says...  My intention was to not make anyone who bought this car feel bad.

Parts of all the forums I'm in includes problems with the cars - and people voicing opinions and displeasure.
‚ÄčIf you are happy with your car then don't worry about what other people think, don't let someone's opinion bother you.

BUT consider what I said about Lincoln's overall image and how its not that great right now and based on passed sales hasn't been that great.  And Lincoln needs to hear the bad, not only the good because the bad is what is keeping people away.  They need to improve to be on par with other brands in that price range, that's all.  If its not discussed in the open there will be no improvement.  My opinion, for Lincoln...

#24 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:45 PM

"A - you're not discussing anything like an adult.

B - I did not ban mmoretti. I went out of my way not to ban her. She didn't like what I told her so she asked to discuss it with the site owner whom it appeared she had already had previous discussions - I assume on the MKC forum. After that discussion he banned her - I had nothing to do with it.

C- Knock off the personal attacks. No more warnings.

D - Nobody here is denying any problems, only the way that you presented them which is why you got labeled as a troll.

I'm closing this thread. If you can keep your comments civil and realistic we can discuss the issues you raise. If all you want to do is bitch and complain you can take a hike."

Ill respond here since you closed the other thread.

Of course you closed the thread, you HAVE to have the last word, AND lie about what happened, thats not ADULT..

God forbid anyone agree with me like when they agreed with mmoretti and called you out on it, you delete their posts. locking the thread takes care of that doesnt it akirby?

Let me respond to your bullet points here:
A - expressing opinion about Lincolns problems, in a thoughtful insightful manner and presented as I did IS discussing like an adult.  You should learn how to handle differences of opinions if you are going to be a moderator - you seem to have no problem "bashing" cadillac as others have called you out on in other forums (that you are not a moderator of and cannot delete the posts or ban them) - one only has to search your online "presence" and read your posts to see that. Constantly arguing with people...

B-  YOU label me a troll. What makes you think constantly calling someone (myself, mmoretti, and others in the other forums you "rule") a troll for expressing an opinion other than yours - you think its OK because you are  a moderator?  Calling you out for who you are when you are not being truthful is not a personal attack - its whats out there online for everyone (that knows how to look) see.  This is this same line of "moderating" you did to mmoretti - why dont you "undelete" those posts so everyone can see as I did, and like the other members whose posts you deleted becasuse they "disagreed" with you.

C- I apologized for using the term ridiculous and corrected myself to "excessive"  which is exactly what it is when I list the problems back to back against other similar cars/manufacturers.   Its an OPINION, and becasue you disagree with it you launch a personal attack, label me a troll, trump up reasons to ban my (which BTW Im not scared of your threats like others, I could care less if you ban me, its just proves my point about you).  I stand by what I said. I explained(apologized for upsetting) to others in the forum what and I was posting about and my reasoning -LIKE AN ADULT  You continually say I exxagerate but for third time wont answer my question how listing what is posted in this forun is considereed  exxagerating.  Explain your reasoning please.

D.  Why do you have to lie about this one, seriously?  Very telling... I saw the posts and guess what..did a little digging and Mmoretti is not banned by any moderator in ANY MKC forum out there, their accounts are active and not banned and they never spoke with any moderator of those forums.  Plus mmoretti (Mary Moretti on facebook) has been posting quite a bit to Lincolns facebook page it seems, before lincoln can delete her story, kind of like you were doing here huh?  And guess what again, they (its a husband and wife posting under that facebook account) are quite nice and reasonable people.  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012259060034&fref=ts    I messaged them and had several "chats"  They are happy to speak to anyone and answer any questions, if you have a facebook acoount just message them.  they did however note there are some things they cannot give details on for now due to litigation but they will be posting everything there(all documentation) on that page when its done.  Stay tuned.  This story is a doozy, and if I ever were in question about buying a vehicle from Lincoln, this story seals it for me.  Just horrendous.  And (wink wink) they told me of your "moderating"   I wont post specifics to embarrass you further but like I said before, I have your number akirby..and Ill see you out there in forums (that you cant delete or ban) 

Im more adult than you will ever be.

Good luck to the normal people in this forum, I'm off to order my FPace...

No need to respond akirby, done with you in this forum, Ill see you out there though...troll me in the Jaguar forums if you dare..
Get over yourself please...

•  

Edited by cowboysphan, 20 October 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

No need to respond akirby, done with you in this forum, Ill see you out there though...troll me in the Jaguar forums if you dare..

Get over yourself please...

He won't, he'll just delete the post like he did when I call him an "Agitator" vice "Moderator"...  

I never seen this on any of my other forums.  Close the post yes but delete posts is a bit much.

• cowboysphan likes this

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#26 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

Thank you for speaking up.  This thread will be closed if not deleted as soon as akirby logs on.

His response will be Im being fake.  Really I am sincere to those owning these vehicles, no one should have to go through a lot of troubles with a new car, especially one with such a pricetag..  And I do apologize if the "ridiculous" term upset you, I'm used to Ford forums where it gets pretty real sometimes..

I seriously commend mmorettis husband because if any dealer EVER treated my wife the way the way this woman was treated or did the things that were done I'd be in jail right now, because someone would get seriously hurt at that dealership - and Lincoln condoned it every step of the way.  I cant personally invest in a company like that. 

Again to anyone(else besides (2) people on this forum that I see as unrealistic) wish you well with your vehicles.  I'm an adult and will continue to be one...

#27 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

... I seriously commend mmorettis husband because if any dealer EVER treated my wife the way the way this woman was treated or did the things that were done I'd be in jail right now, because someone would get seriously hurt at that dealership - and Lincoln condoned it every step of the way...

That is a problem I witness almost every time I go in no matter what dealership it is...  Most of them threat women like $hit.  One Honda advisor told my wife that she needed a new oil pan gasket at $200 installed.  When I called, it was more like "we saw an oil drop from one of the bolts"...

But, when my present Lincoln dealership stared to babble some stupidity about why my brake were very hot, I look at myself and than mention "did I grow a pair of "breast" on my way here...  Next advisor please.

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#28 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

Cowboy you are putting waaaaaay too much effort into this forum. Please move on to your Jag forum.

I love the F-Pace exterior but am extremely let down by the interior. Kind of like how I feel about you.
  • mosh00 likes this

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#29 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Cowboy you are putting waaaaaay too much effort into this forum. Please move on to your Jag forum.

I love the F-Pace exterior but am extremely let down by the interior. Kind of like how I feel about you.

Dude seriousy, do you think I care?  You're one of the (2) I speak of.

Waay too much effort in this forum???, hmmm lets see, I've logged in a handful of times in the month plus Ive been a member, about 10 posts.. most of my posts defending from akirby's BS..Too much?

Lets see, user "adam". 369 posts, up at 4 in the morning posting in this forum..hmmmm...who spends too much time in a car forum?

I'm not going to get into it with someone like you, I see you're on your second heaping of Lincoln crap, enough said.

But Ill still wish you luck with it though, I really had no issue with you until you posted rudely to me not once but twice.  It shows your level of "adult"

#30 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

The fact that you respond proves you care.

What time I get up in the morning is of no consequence to you and is not germane to this thread. Am I supposed to be insulted?

I am part of this forum because I believe in helping others figure out their new vehicle and to learn more about it. Sure there are issues - these machines are made up of many parts. But nothing gets under my skin like a whiner. I have bought my way out from under junk vehicles in the past; I know your 'pain' full well.

But never have I ever remained around a web forum to b!tch and moan, after the fact. Like you are doing now. I am very much an adult.

Just move on already and leave us alone.

Oh, and I will add that I have it well within my resources to purchase a vehicle with a price much higher than my MKX. I have consciously selected the Lincoln. So undertones that a Jaguar SUV is _so_ more prestigious (reliable?) are ridiculous in my eyes.

Edited by Adam, 20 October 2016 - 07:11 PM.

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#31 OFFLINE   thisguy159

thisguy159

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

For all of those that keep saying that they will not get into it with somebody else you all sure do a lot of getting it in to.

Grrrrr

#32 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:23 PM

The fact that you respond proves you care.

What time I get up in the morning is of no consequence to you and is not germane to this thread. Am I supposed to be insulted?

I am part of this forum because I believe in helping others figure out their new vehicle and to learn more about it. Sure there are issues - these machines are made up of many parts. But nothing gets under my skin like a whiner. I have bought my way out from under junk vehicles in the past; I know your 'pain' full well.

But never have I ever remained around a web forum to b!tch and moan, after the fact. Like you are doing now. I am very much an adult.

Just move on already and leave us alone.

Oh, and I will add that I have it well within my resources to purchase a vehicle with a price much higher than my MKX. I have consciously selected the Lincoln. So undertones that a Jaguar SUV is _so_ more prestigious (reliable?) are ridiculous in my eyes.

My posts would have stopped if you and your little buddy didn't keep talking BS - my posts are calling you out, not whining about Lincoln.  You both make yourself look stupid.  If you cant read (apparently) my post is feedback for Lincoln -and quite frankly for every one like me that takes the time to offer feedback, there's another 5K potential buyers just walking away.  Since I spent so much time researching and considering this car, its doing Lincoln a favor by leaving my feedback -and don't tell me again Lincoln isn't listening because that's an ignorant comment, perhaps not listening to real feedback is why they are desperately trying to rebuild the brand.. Audi doesn't have to rebuild, Mercedes doesn't have to rebuild, BMW doesn't have to rebuild - they have REAL credibility.  My jury is still out on Jaguar -they are a previous Ford company - I'm rolling the dice somewhat myself.  But in a basic sense when I compare my lists (and yes I research the fpace forums as well as the other cars that I was interested in) there is NO comparison.  All your whining about me isn't going to change the facts on Lincoln right now.  It is what it is, and its easy for anyone to research. 

you know what they say, don't dish it out if  you cant take it.. don't post rude comments if you don't expect to have to defend them

waaaahhh  :cry: :cry:  stop being a cry baby because I left negative feedback and move on yourself :flyaway: 

#33 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Reading these posts are like watching the presidential debates. Sigh.....
  • arug and mosh00 like this

#34 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

MKX Member

• PipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSuwanee, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

This stops right here. I have never lied about anything. I never said mmoretti was banned from the MKC forum. I said that based on some posts I saw over there AND the fact that she already knew the site owner Robert that she may have already had some interaction with him. I have nothing to hide from any private conversations either. I did not ban mmoretti.

And for your information I am a moderater on that "other site" as well as a couple of others. The only posts I delete are personal attacks, spam and in certain cases off topic posts that are disruptive to the topic - like mmoretti chiming in about her horrible experience every time somebody else has a problem. That's not fair to the other posters. I never stopped her from telling her story or providing updates to her situation.

And now you're disrupting the forums with your continued rants.

If you don't like the way the forum is moderated then leave. It's that simple. Last warning.

#35 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

Just as with the past presidential debates, all forum members had the option of either viewing on not viewing the content. If you wish to exclude posts from a member on this forum, just select 'IGNORE' in your profile settings. That person's posts will no longer clutter your viewing of the forum

#36 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:02 PM

Cowbowsphan obviously Lincoln isn't for you. However, I don't think Jag will be the answer. According to the dealer, due to low sales they are not mandated to provide testing results such as crash test or reliability. Jags look great and drive well. The paddle shifters are best I've tested in CUV/SUV. However, for the price there are many many features lacking such as cup holders not being standard for rear passengers. Also I'm not big fan of vehicles without dip sticks. To do an oil change is very proprietary and apparently designed for only the dealer to perform. I know these are trivial issues. The biggest is not being required to post crash tests and reliability.

Just like Adam, I also pick Lincoln not due to limited options but for personal preferences.

I can say that Lincoln or at least some dealers offer great service. I get very personal service. They offer to get my vehicle from home or my office if I have service concerns. Also every time my car went to service for eval, they always mail me goodies, treats, and personal thank you cards with owners cell number.

Don't bank on that level of service from BMW or Audi. Cant speak for Jag as I never owned one.

Time will tell if MKX is a failure or reliable vehicle. From what I've tested, I think it will a great vehucle, which is why I bought two.

Either way it's a big sticker price, so either your happy or not. If not, move on. Mentioning problems to prove a point doesn't help. Every vehicle will have sets of issues. Some buyers will not experience any issues which others run into. Doesn't mean that there are no issues, but it doesn't mean that the brand/vehicle is crap.

Either way, like enigma said its starting to look like the presidential debates. Let's tone it down and try to keep it civil
  • VisionPilot likes this

#37 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

Reading these posts are like watching the presidential debates. Sigh.....

Funny you mention that, because I WAS watching the debate while posting last night and needless to say it did put me in a negative frame of mind.

Edit... was just looking through some Jag F-Pace web forums and sure enough, that vehicle has its share of issues as well.  Why am I not surprised?

Edited by Adam, 21 October 2016 - 10:42 AM.

• VisionPilot and mosh00 like this

#38 OFFLINE   cowboysphan

cowboysphan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

Cowbowsphan obviously Lincoln isn't for you. However, I don't think Jag will be the answer. According to the dealer, due to low sales they are not mandated to provide testing results such as crash test or reliability. Jags look great and drive well. The paddle shifters are best I've tested in CUV/SUV. However, for the price there are many many features lacking such as cup holders not being standard for rear passengers. Also I'm not big fan of vehicles without dip sticks. To do an oil change is very proprietary and apparently designed for only the dealer to perform. I know these are trivial issues. The biggest is not being required to post crash tests and reliability.

Just like Adam, I also pick Lincoln not due to limited options but for personal preferences.

I can say that Lincoln or at least some dealers offer great service. I get very personal service. They offer to get my vehicle from home or my office if I have service concerns. Also every time my car went to service for eval, they always mail me goodies, treats, and personal thank you cards with owners cell number.

Don't bank on that level of service from BMW or Audi. Cant speak for Jag as I never owned one.

Time will tell if MKX is a failure or reliable vehicle. From what I've tested, I think it will a great vehucle, which is why I bought two.

Either way it's a big sticker price, so either your happy or not. If not, move on. Mentioning problems to prove a point doesn't help. Every vehicle will have sets of issues. Some buyers will not experience any issues which others run into. Doesn't mean that there are no issues, but it doesn't mean that the brand/vehicle is crap.

Either way, like enigma said its starting to look like the presidential debates. Let's tone it down and try to keep it civil

HI mfam, I was not going to respond again but decided to for two reasons:

First to prove that normal people CAN have an adult discussion on a topic that is sensitive or that they disagree with without insults and act like an ADULT..I commend you for being able to do that and setting a good example for certain others on the forum.  Perhaps you can become a moderator as it seems you are able to be objective while being realistic.  Again kudos to you for being an adult.

Second to thank you for responding  to my inquiries about the F-pace. I (like many others) participate/read forums because I like to get opinions from others and especially those that cross-shopped the vehicles I'm researching and am interested in.  I appreciate your input

I agree with you there are some things about the Jag that aren't ideal(agree with your points), but that's pretty much true of all the SUV's I'm looking at :-) cant find the prefect one so I'm looking for the closest to my liking, plus the reliability, service experiences, and satisfaction of owners are important to me as well.  I'm a "whole picture" kind of guy.  I really like to actually talk to actual owners in person if I can, if I see someone that doesn't look like they are in a hurry I walk right up and ask them about how they like their car/dealer.  We are friendly down here and even if I read some bad, talking to actual owners that are happy and can recommend a good dealer/service department can erase some of the negatives...But unfortunately no one seems to be buying either car near me as I have yet to see one (jag or MKX)  Have only seen a handful of MKC's.

Brings me to the one thing that was my "criticism" of the MKX but totally a personal preference..I had initially been looking at the MKC.  When I went to look at the MKX  I was expecting it to be almost identical to the MKC, just a little bigger (and the options of course)  I was surprised to see the center console and how it sits up high with the space underneath to put your stuff.  I can see its a neat place to stash some things but my thought was that if it was not there and flat like the MKC it would give the front a much more open, spacious and larger feel.  I wasn't 100% sure how I felt about it but I see now (I am new to any Lincoln's, never saw an interior, only the old style MKX design exterior) that's the way the MKX is (older models are like that too)   So that was a little weird to me.  Other than that I thought it was a fantastic looking car.

Perhaps if I had a positive experience (as you have) with a Lincoln previously I could feel more comfortable purchasing it, but for now as it stands I just don't feel its a good investment for me at this time.  I wasn't trying to prove any point by listing the problems, I was just pretty floored to be looking at such a list, and really was curious how owners felt about it, again it reflects on the eventual value of your vehicle (resale).  And as I have stated MULTIPLE times, not to prove a point, not to upset anyone,  it is feedback and a wake up call to Lincoln why someone who spent a lot of time researching and considering the car to walk away - I'm not sure how many times I can say that :-) but no one seems to get that regardless, and puts words in my mouth...That's fine. 

Wish you luck with your two lincolns and thanks for your opinion/feedback on the FPace.

• mfam16 likes this

#39 OFFLINE   mfam16

mfam16

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for complements! I totally get it from both sides. No one wants to spend 60 grand on a piece of junk and no one wants to spend 60 grand and have someone tell them they made a big mistake.

For me, I narrowed my search to the MKX, XC90, XT5, F-Pace, X5, Q7, Cayenne.

Ruled out Q7 BC new design looked boring and didn't like how it rides.

Ruled out X5 BC didn't like arrogance of dealership. Drives well looks good but wanted something different.

Cayenne is sharp but something just had me concerned about mechanical aspects. Engine sounded bit harsh and didn't feel comfortable with huge sticker price and my concerns.

F-Pace no data = no purchase (plus Jags have poor rep for having issues) It did drive very well

My top 3 were XT5 XC90 And MKX. I'm partial to Domestic Manufacturers as I feel we need to support them as much as possible. My biased also helped eliminate other I mentioned. I know XC90 isn't domestic but price looks and safety placed it high in runnings. It drives ok and infotainment was excellent. My concern is with small engine with super charger & turbo. To many components to go wrong. Also lack of remote app option eliminated it.

XT5 has good options. Smooth ride but lacking performance. Liked safety features. Couldnt find config to meet what we were looking for without going to platinum trim (hate the fake suede on dash and roof) Also infotainment has dim lighting so if it's sunny it will be hard to see and navigate through.

Then there was the MKX. Liked looks & features. It's domestic and dealer had powertrain lifetime warranty as included bonus. Ride is very smooth it has paddle shifters AWD gets great reviews. Price was bit higher than I would like but overall it fit best for what we were looking for.

Hope this helps!
  • VisionPilot likes this

#40 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWoodbridge, North Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 VW Passat TDI SEL, 1988 Honda Civic DX

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Well this thread took a sharp left turn.  Update

I received the replacement wheels last week, but as most of you have said, this doesn't bode well.  No I am having new issues since picking up, like Navigation not recognizing my SD card so I have no Nav now?.?.?.?.?????

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·