Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Windshield Washer Fluid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   arando2

arando2

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationLouisiana, U.S.A.
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

My MKX is now telling me I need to refill the windshield washer fluid. I've looked in the manual and contacted Lincoln Concierge to find out what kind to buy and both recommended Motorcraft Premium Quality Windshield Washer Fluid CXC-37-(A, B, D, F). That is part number WSS-M14P19-A. Of course I can't find it anywhere but my dealership and I don't think it is sold online. I found a similar kind by Motorcraft on Amazon (ZC-32-B ) and ordered it but it won't be coming in until late next week. Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific kind to use or does it really matter? Thanks for any suggestions. 

Andrew

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

It's really not important. I use whatever is on sale, that's rated for -20° (f) and blue in color (just personal preference. I've had bad experiences with pink colored stuff, freezes as soon as it hits the windshield in winter).

$1.50 to $2 gallon is about what I pay.

Never use any wash that is not rated to -20° as it will freeze in the winter. Even if it's mixed with rated wash, the hose for the back window runs along the roof, is not heated by the engine and will freeze solid in winter.

If your uncertain and don't want to pay Ford prices, try NAPA or one of the other quality auto parts stores.

Edited by enigma-2, 07 May 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   arando2

arando2

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationLouisiana, U.S.A.
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

It's really not important. I use whatever is on sale, that's rated for -20° (f) and blue in color (just personal preference. I've had bad experiences with pink colored stuff, freezes as soon as it hits the windshield in winter).

$1.50 to $2 gallon is about what I pay.

Never use any wash that is not rated to -20° as it will freeze in the winter. Even if it's mixed with rated wash, the hose for the back window runs along the roof, is not heated by the engine and will freeze solid in winter.

If your uncertain and don't want to pay Ford prices, try NAPA or one of the other quality auto parts stores.

Alright, thanks.  :)

#4 OFFLINE   NOTMY911

NOTMY911

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2016-2018

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

For the -45 version (not something needed in your neck of the wood) Costco is hard to beat @ $8 US for a case of 4.

Attached File  IMG_5619.JPG   126.56KB   0 downloads

"NOTMY911":  2016 MKX Reserve 102A, Ingot Silver, 3.7 AWD, Driver Assistance Pck, Technology Pck, Climate Pck, 22 Way Seats, Sync 3  

"JJ 911SC":     1983 911 Cabriolet, Grand Prix White

#5 OFFLINE   Cosmos36

Cosmos36

MKX Resident

• MKX Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon & Pacific NW wonderland
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Fusion, 2012 Veloster, 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Select plus
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

In my locale, a ubiquitous brand made by Camco Mfg. Co. (N. Carolina) sold as Xtreme BLUE All Season Formula retails for far less than $2/gallon. It protects to -20F but I cut it 50-50 since local minimum temps seldom even reach freezing. It has worked well in numerous vehicles over several decades, including the MKX and other vehicles in my current stable.

When empty, the sturdy jugs make excellent containers for curbside recycling of my used motor oil.

Edited by Cosmos36, 08 May 2016 - 11:12 AM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·