Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hate being stonewalled

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWoodbridge, North Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Acura MDX Advance, 1988 Honda Civic DX
  • My MKX's Year:2016-2018

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

So to sum up my Lincoln experience so far, I am starting to feel disappointed and vexed.  With all of the great features I got with my MKX its the ones I don't have that most upsets me.  No not that I didn't purchase them, its that I was sold on them and Lincoln is now saying this was likely a misprint since the features are missing.  I mean I am starting to feel like I felt when they told me my VW TDI was dirty.  I was sold on a premise that the vehicle was NOT the same polluting pre 80's car that was sold back in the day and that it was a "clean diesel", sure I like my average of 44.6 mpg but I wanted to know that the vehicle itself was not like the F-250 diesel next to me pumping out soot all over the place.  Now we know that wasn't necessarily the case.  The same feeling is what I feel now, my $4400 LED headlights do not function properly.  Oh they're bright but are they 'adaptive'???  Nope.  My digital speedometer is said to help me glance a speed better than trying to decipher the small numbers on the analog speedometer.  Does it work???  Nope.  For all of this and some more I am being told this is a misprint.  Damn, shot in the foot twice...  I know these first batch of cars were going to have some problems, all I ask is that you fix them and don't tell me it wasn't supposed to be there.  So now I will fill the hell out of some TSB's on the safercar website and NHTSA website.  Obviously if Lincoln won't own up to it, then maybe someone in the federal government may own up to it.  Or better yet, anyone have Matthew McConaughey's phone number, maybe he can fix this.

• gstein likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Jay-Ar Linsangan

Jay-Ar Linsangan

• MKX Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationRegina
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Edge Titanium
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:31 PM

Kinda unacceptable for the price of the car. And all they can say is it is a misprint. Now talk about rebranding, Lincoln.

But on the other hand, at least you didn't get the chance to step to a puddle of water right on your floor as we 2015 Edge owners had.
  • Southerngravy likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Yeah thats crazy Jay.  My wife found a lot of quality control issues when we picked it up but the dealership was more than willing to fix these.  But when it came to software and features they knew no course to take.  

#4 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationEastern Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Adaptive doesn't necessarily mean that they turn in corners.  From what I understand, the lights ARE adaptive in that their beam can be optimized based on vehicle speed and ambient light.

Regardless, I think they are very good headlamps.  Much better than the adaptive HIDs in my 2013 MKX, which I never found particularly useful when cornering, or any of my previous vehicles.

So that leaves the missing digital speedo on a DIC, which by the way cannot be compared in any way to the VW fiasco.  Lincoln didn't intentionally mislead you into anything.  It obviously wasn't there on your test drive and it hasn't been advertisesd by them at all.  It's simply a missing sub-program in the car's computer code.  If anything, it could easily be added back in a future OS update - hopefully with the option to turn off the auto-folding mirrors.

I have the feeling you have general buyer's remorse, since I think most people would see a vehicle as a whole and not get so hung up on a digital speedometer readout.  Am I disappointed about it?  Yeah, a bit, but jeepers it's a heck of a nice vehicle when you take a step back!  And it saved me some $20,000 over an X5!  As long as mine holds up mechanically, I'm happy.

• Bad tone, Marshall, Jay-Ar Linsangan and 1 other like this

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#5 OFFLINE   Clement Tse

Clement Tse

MKX Member

• MKX Facebook Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX
  • My MKX's Year:None

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:39 PM

To be fair, this is how they describe them:

Adaptive doesn't necessarily mean that they turn in corners.  From what I understand, the lights ARE adaptive in that their beam can be optimized based on vehicle speed and ambient light.

Regardless, I think they are very good headlamps.  Much better than the adaptive HIDs in my 2013 MKX, which I never found particularly useful when cornering, or any of my previous vehicles.

To be fair, this is how they describe them and it is part of a very expensive Luxury Package option.

The available Adaptive LED headlights help give the driver a broader outlook. Featuring LED technology with adaptive forward lighting, they turn in sync with the vehicle’s steering to illuminate a wider stretch of road. 

I don't think we have been told how they are supposed to be adaptive in any other way. BORG had reported no visible change in the beam on speed and cornering, but the Auto High Beam Feature was present.

At very least, Lincoln owes us an explanation of what adaptive refers to and whether that is actually included on the vehicles so equipped. If it is the adaptive beam based on speed and ambient light, then so be it but that is what should be written in the description. The owner's manual seems to describe the system in the old HID ADaptive Headlamps, but no specific reference to LED. Can those reflectors actually move, I wonder?

#6 OFFLINE   Bad tone

Bad tone

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2019 Nautilus
  • My MKX's Year:2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:17 PM

My previous vehicle, an Audi A6, had LED headlights they called adaptive and they simply had an additional element that was aimed to the side a bit that would come on when you turned a corner at speeds under 20 mph, if I recall correctly. It was difficult to tell it was working if there was nothing to the side to reflect the element when it came on. At any rate, that was it, and they were awesome headlights.

Having said that, the LED headlights on my MKX are awesome as well, and while I can't say I've seen any adaptive action, I have been able to see where I'm going quite well.

One gripe I always had with Audi is they refuse to make their owners manual available online; the digital speedometer issue makes this seem wise, as we have been disappointed by its absence because we read the manual before we got the vehicle, or at least in my case.

The 2016 is a great vehicle overall, and I'm quite happy with it. Did Lincoln mess some things up? Yes, no question, and it isn't helping their "re-branding" concept. Am I looking to dump my new ride? No freaking way...

#7 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

Adaptive doesn't necessarily mean that they turn in corners. From what I understand, the lights ARE adaptive in that their beam can be optimized based on vehicle speed and ambient light.

Regardless, I think they are very good headlamps. Much better than the adaptive HIDs in my 2013 MKX, which I never found particularly useful when cornering, or any of my previous vehicles.

So that leaves the missing digital speedo on a DIC, which by the way cannot be compared in any way to the VW fiasco. Lincoln didn't intentionally mislead you into anything. It obviously wasn't there on your test drive and it hasn't been advertisesd by them at all. It's simply a missing sub-program in the car's computer code. If anything, it could easily be added back in a future OS update - hopefully with the option to turn off the auto-folding mirrors.

I have the feeling you have general buyer's remorse, since I think most people would see a vehicle as a whole and not get so hung up on a digital speedometer readout. Am I disappointed about it? Yeah, a bit, but jeepers it's a heck of a nice vehicle when you take a step back! And it saved me some $20,000 over an X5! As long as mine holds up mechanically, I'm happy.

Unfortunately it can be compared to VW to me. Reason being I was sold on features that arent there and you're telling me they can fix it with a software update??? Sounds familiar to me. Anyways i never test drove, my fault, i preordered back in April of this year so catch up. Like i said i like my vehicle just like i like my 2013 Passat TDI. Just fix what you claimed was there and now isnt or doesnt function properly. My Audi Q7 had issues too, when raised they fixed them. Not telling me its a misprint. Dont speak before you put your foot in your mouth...

#8 OFFLINE   punch-card

punch-card

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationSTL - O'Fallon

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Do want to dig up old issues, but is this "55 mph" in the image under the speed limit 55, the cruise control speed or the digital speed?

Don't have a MKX, yet, but I just happen to noticed this the other day when I was looking through the Lincoln MKX Gallery...

digitalspedo.PNG

2016 MKX - Job 2 with Sync 3 v3.0 18093

416517.png

#9 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

That indicator is the speed the cruise is set to. This person is very law abiding!
  • Southerngravy likes this

Current: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD, Reserve, Ingot Silver on Cappuccino, 21s, Luxury, Climate, Driver Assistance, Technology, Cargo Utility, Multi-contour, Adaptive Steering

Previous: 2016 MKX 2.7 AWD Reserve, Luxe on Ebony and 2013 MKX AWD, Elite, Ingot Silver on Light Stone

#10 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Lincoln MKX
  • My MKX's Year:2007-2010

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

That indicator is the speed the cruise is set to. This person is very law abiding!

》assuming he's not in a school zone《
LOL

#11 OFFLINE   donnysan

donnysan

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

When I rented a new Edge a month or so before my MKX arrived, it had the old instrument cluster as the 2015 MKX. Thus cluster allows you to substitute the tach  for a digital speedometer, the tach changes from a round instrument with a needle to a bar and it's to the right of the digital speedo. I used this arrangement all the time.

I do miss this on my new MKX, but not terribly. It's amusing to me that the instrument cluster in my 2016 MKX, which I predict will carry over to the 2016 Edge, allows you to see the active AWD work in real time on the left side, something that's amusing but useless, but doesn't have a digital speedo feature. The entire instrument cluster is digital, so what we se is the result of software. It would seem to me that the displays could be changed with an update.

There are two things on my MKX that are truly annoying, however. One, the button to fold the mirrors is right in front of the driver side window button, and you can accidentally bump the mirror fold button when you push to lower the driver side window. The other is the location of the engine off button being so close to the power button of the entertainment system. I was in traffic and stopped at a light when I reached to turn off the radio and accidentally shut off the engine.

#12 OFFLINE   Adam

Adam

MKX Member

• MKX Member
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

For what it's worth, I had my dealership service manager look into the missing fuel economy pages, as well as the missing digital speedo.  He said Ford had indicated that the there are some 'misprints' in the OM and those features are not available.

The option to de-select the auto-fold mirrors on the other hand can (I'm told) be programmed back in.  I'm not sure when I will get the time to go up and have them do it, certainly not before Christmas, but if anyone else wants to be the guinea pig....

#13 OFFLINE   Southerngravy

Southerngravy

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

So if the option to reprogram the de-select feature of the auto fold mirrors can be done, then why not reprogram the feature of the so called "misprints"?  Well I am half way to my 5000 mile mark, so not a highway trooper like most who own this but when I do take it in for the 5k I will bring this up again and see where we stand at that point.  Love the vehicle, just starting to think the customer service/support reminds me of Sprint...

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·