Sign in to follow this  
Graftman

Canadian owners - 4G Modem

Hey all

Customer Satisfaction Program 21B09 for the 3G to 4G modem upgrade applies only to U.S. customers by my  understanding.Is there a Canadian equivalent?

I did get the message on my Lincoln Way app that my modem would have to be replaced for continued use and to contact the dealership for more information.  Id like to attend this appointment knowing the facts as they are applied in Canada before I get handed a crazy quote that may or may not be accurate. 

I have a 2016 MKX Reserve 2.7t with a build year 04/13/2016

I also looked up the specific parts and it seems transmission number is required to get the right one of 3 options of modem for the 2016 mkx.

The install instructions are pretty well layed out on the American notice (I found that in a thread here I think) so depending on labour cost here I might consider that if I had the exact right part # nailed down. 

Jay

I am having this upgrade done on Wednesday, February, 9. I have been quoted $936 (CAD) all taxes in. I'll post part numbers when I get the invoice.

Modem upgrade is now complete.

The part number for the modem upgrade is: AMMU7J - A00A25 - DA. Part price: CDN$599.95. Install cost: CDN$159.95.

As far as I know the modem is supplied based on the model and year of the vehicle and is not tied to the VIN.

Hope this helps anyone considering the upgrade.

Edited by Ruby

On 2/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ruby said:

Modem upgrade is now complete.

The part number for the modem upgrade is: AMMU7J - A00A25 - DA. Part price: CDN$599.95. Install cost: CDN$159.95.

As far as I know the modem is supplied based on the model and year of the vehicle and is not tied to the VIN.

Hope this helps anyone considering the upgrade.

Thanks so much for reply. I appreciate your response a ton!

This is extremely helpful.

👍

I am still fighting with mine as per the post below. It's getting frustrating