thisguy159

Catalytic converter replacement/warranty

Hey All,

My 2016 mkx reserve is at the dealer getting the recall done on the brake hose 68k.  However I also got a check engine light that lead to a faulty catalytic converter.  My question is what is the warranty on catalytic converters and is it dependent on state.  I'm in IL.  Thanks for the help,

Per page 17 of the Lincoln 2016 Model Year Warranty Guide (PDF download link)...

— 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic emissions control unit, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices.

Good luck!

51 minutes ago, Haz said:

Per page 17 of the Lincoln 2016 Model Year Warranty Guide (PDF download link)...

— 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic emissions control unit, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices.

Good luck!

Ty...likely backorder for who knows how long. 

'Free' is worth the wait.

Good luck!

One clevat is the disclaimer "if you meet all of the following conditions:

• You have maintained and operated your vehicle according to the instructions on proper care in the Owner’s Manual and this booklet."

And,

"• Your vehicle has not been tampered with, misused, or abused."

I knew someone years ago that had his engine warranty cancelled, not due on having oil changes at the proper interval, but rather the TYPE of oil he used. He used 10W40 and blown his engine. The argued 10W40 was not one of the oils listed.

If you haven't had your oil changes and mechanical work done at your local Ford service dept, you can be forced to prove that you met all maintenance requirements before they honor the warranty.