Zumkopf

Power Point at rear of MKX?

I picked up a “plug and play” tow wiring kit for my ‘17 MKX from etrailer, which has instructions to take power directly from the battery (under the hood). Seems like a long way and a lot of trouble. Is there a 12V terminal towards the rear where juice can be siphoned?

I recall Forum member akirby, Moderator both here and on the Ford Edge Forum, mentioning he had tapped into that cargo area power to satisfy his towing needs.

I am close to adding a supplemental 7-pin connector to our 2015 MKX's bumper cover, and because of akirby's comment, I was considering using that power point circuit also.

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Haz said:

I recall Forum member akirby, Moderator both here and on the Ford Edge Forum, mentioning he had tapped into that cargo area power to satisfy his towing needs.

I am close to adding a supplemental 7-pin connector to our 2015 MKX's bumper cover, and because of akirby's comment, I was considering using that power point circuit also.

Good luck! 

Yep I just spliced into the rear PowerPoint on the left side but all I was powering were the led trailer lights.

Brilliant!  I doubt I would ever be using the power point while driving, so little risk of overloading the circuit. Thanks!