Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Pete T

Apple Car play usb upgrade, 2016 MKX

Hi guys, I bought the new usb module to get CarPlay.  I’ve been working for an hour trying to get old one out, and having no luck.  Is there any advice I can get to remove the old usb.  I’ve tried everything,  but it’s so tight in the console.  Thank you!

Edited by Pete T

I'm having the same issue, were you able to figure it out?

I had the issue as well and asked the dealer to help me out when I did the oil change. They just pulled out the existing usb and I did the rest they didn't charge me. 

I finally figured it out, there is a screw about knee height under the leather trim on both sided holding the compartment in place and once I removed those then I was able to remove it and get the USB module without having to pry it out.

If you’re interested, once you can get wired CarPlay to work, you can easily setup for wireless CarPlay. I bought an adapter that enables that functionality for my 2017 MKX and it works well.  Can keep phone in pocket or bag without having to plug it in each time. 

3 hours ago, RRivera said:

If you’re interested, once you can get wired CarPlay to work, you can easily setup for wireless CarPlay. I bought an adapter that enables that functionality for my 2017 MKX and it works well.  Can keep phone in pocket or bag without having to plug it in each time. 

I'm going the expensive way...  2021 with Sync 4 and finally wireless CarPlay.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, RRivera said:

keep

Link? 

As luck would have it, I got an email today from the vendor about their Black Friday deal. Email brings price down to $99 from $160. Works great. Here’s link:

https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystreamer-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay-android-auto-module-and-mirror-link-feature?ml_subscriber=1563726667145286984&ml_subscriber_hash=p9o2