Bravo27

2021 Nautilus

On 3/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, NOTMY911 said:

My Ex salesmen E-mail me that he finally has a 2021 in the showroom...

I'm going to go take a look at it to see the new interior.  Not sure about the "lets put an I-Pad" here, seem to stick out a bit.

IIRC, akirby did see it in a 2021 Corsair, so what do you think.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, NOTMY911 said:

I'll report back early next week.

Well a week later thanks to Covid...

I did a test drive and while the display is huge, it does not impede the view.  My ex-salesmen is at lost to explain why every Lincoln got the HUD except for the 2021 Nautilus.

Also the whole organization seem screw-up.  They receive 3 2021 Nautilus without any warning.  They just got the 2021 order book form but they are getting info on the 2022...  I'll pass it on as soon as I get them.

There is a chance that they will mis the boat unless they don't announce the 2022 early.  BMW X3 is getting a LCI for 2022, the new MDX 2022 will have a S version with  3l TT and the GV70 is on pre-order.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Edited by NOTMY911

On the lack of HUD, it may just be a platform limitation.  CD4 is pretty old, dating back to the 2007 Mondeo (called EUCD back then).  It's also clear they are in cost cutting mode on Edge and Nautilus with limited engine choices and decontenting since they're going away in current form in 2-3 years.

It will be interesting to see if they import the new Nautilus (presumably C2 based) from China as someone has claimed.

Regarding comments/inquiries about the height of the touch screen, a way to put some perspective on whether it intrudes on forward vision, especially the front 1/4 view of either the passenger or driver,  is to imagine a horizontal string attached to the TOP of each interior A-pillar air vent. Where the imaginary (or actual) string crosses over the console's center stack area will approximate the height of the screen. Your physical dimensions and the positioning of the seat adjustment will, of course, affect the visual outcome, but that is an advantage to maintaining perception. I'm not aware of any variances between the vent locations in any 2016-2021 MKX-Nautilus models that would affect the proposed string method of testing.

The last 3 posts from you folks is news that I feared. The (MKX) Nautilus and one of the best ICE V6's (2.7L) in the market is coasting to the end. Entered the Ford Company vehicle family with the 2019 Nautilus because I heard such good things about the MKX. I tested all the competition before making the leap in the fall of 2018. The dilemma is do I hold onto it or bail. New incentives announced today on the 2021's but the dealers only have one or two. Confusing!   

This week, with summer temps daily, I changed oil, inspected the MKX underside mechanicals, detailed the interior, exterior, & under the hood, then washed the car with Meguiar's fantastic carnuba wash & wax followed by applying Meguiar's Gold Class carnuba Wax Plus. At 40,000 miles, mechanically perfect, and appearing like show room new, I made my decision, i.e this car is too satisfying to sell for a newer model. I'm gonna exercise constraint and wait it out to see what Lincoln brings forth in future vehicles. In a few days, the wife & I will be at our coast condo enjoying surf n sand (and fresh cracked crab) while overlooking that fine MKX  in the lot with smiles on our faces. We're sure the car appreciates our decision too.

According to my dealer it appears that my Nautilus was built approx 4/14. It is being held, presumably for the infamous chip. At least they didn't postpone the build?

He did give me the Vin# and if I remember there was a way to track it with the vin#? Couldn't you also recreate the window sticker using that number? 

I ordered my Nautilus Reserve 2 with 2.6L V6 AWD, 22way seats, Class II trailer tow, Ice Mocha exterior and I forget what else.

Order date Saturday 3-13-21

It was released for production sometime before my email from Lincoln on 3-24-21

Delivered to dealer 4-20-21

I drove off in it 4-21-21

Dealer fell off his chair.  He had never seen that kind of turn around on an order.

It took longer to get it to the dealer than get it off the production line.

I too am IMPRESSED!

Lincoln and the Ontario plant did what I would have listed as impossible!

Edited by oldfarmer
missed a word & added the released for production

On 5/4/2021 at 5:39 PM, Buzz12 said:

According to my dealer it appears that my Nautilus was built approx 4/14. It is being held, presumably for the infamous chip. At least they didn't postpone the build?

He did give me the Vin# and if I remember there was a way to track it with the vin#? Couldn't you also recreate the window sticker using that number? 

Call Lincoln.  Your regional Client Service manager can sign you up for updates by email as soon as they have the VIN

I tracked my 2017 MKX during the build and shipping.  You can now track your Ford but NO LONGER your Lincoln.