Bravo27

2021 Nautilus

Congratulation.  My 2013 was Kodiak Brown but in the sun it was almost black.

No HUD?

I have had Corvettes with HUD for the last 20 years. So not a big deal for me. They have improved them since the C5.

I've only seen a HUD in a 2020 Corsair we sat in a couple of months ago.  It was nice and I'd love to have it on a new vehicle but not a deal breaker.

2021 Acadia has HUD and is okay. Have to get the Denali version however and it seems to turn it into a trailer puller plus it's a 3 row. The GM V6 is dated and not comparable to FMC 2.7L. Wherever I look for an alternate I end up at Nautilus (MKX). Have not ventured to look at the M40i.  

7 hours ago, Bravo27 said:

...  Have not ventured to look at the M40i.  

Do yourself a favour, don't go look at it 😁

The Lincoln build site appears to show Black Label only available in AWD and with only one interior choice (no themes). Is this a trend or just because it's early in the build?

20 hours ago, Bravo27 said:

2021 Acadia has HUD and is okay. Have to get the Denali version however and it seems to turn it into a trailer puller plus it's a 3 row. The GM V6 is dated and not comparable to FMC 2.7L. Wherever I look for an alternate I end up at Nautilus (MKX). Have not ventured to look at the M40i.  

If you are not in a hurry, the 2022 MDX will have 3l Turbo option.  I will be trading the X3 in the fall once the 2022 specs are out.  The seats are not comfy enough for the better half, so if the update does not include the comfort seat (available on the X5), I'll be shopping.  The 2022 Nautilus, MDX, GV70 and X5 will be on the list.

...  Those looking for more from their MDX will want to wait for the imminent Type S version, which will pack the automaker's new 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 good for 355 hp and 354 lb-ft., SH-AWD, 21-inch wheels, Brembo front brake calipers, nine-mode massaging front seats, and the most advanced and powerful ELS Studio 3D audio system ever fitted to an Acura. 

I asked the same question about the Black Label, no way I wanted white er Alpine (Chalet theme) colored seats. They kept talking about a Flight theme (brown/saddle) color interior coming out later this year. I would have liked that but didn't want to wait.

I'm pretty sure that I saw that Flight theme in the early days of the Build and Price.

5 hours ago, NOTMY911 said:

I'm pretty sure that I saw that Flight theme in the early days of the Build and Price.

Both the order guide and Ford websites are very confusing about the black label themselves and interior color choices.

My Ex salesmen E-mail me that he finally has a 2021 in the showroom...

I'm going to go take a look at it to see the new interior.  Not sure about the "lets put an I-Pad" here, seem to stick out a bit.

IIRC, akirby did see it in a 2021 Corsair, so what do you think.

58 minutes ago, NOTMY911 said:

My Ex salesmen E-mail me that he finally has a 2021 in the showroom...

I'm going to go take a look at it to see the new interior.  Not sure about the "lets put an I-Pad" here, seem to stick out a bit.

IIRC, akirby did see it in a 2021 Corsair, so what do you think.

Corsair screen is smaller but I thought it was fine.

I'll report back early next week.

2021 Nautilus Reserve models have arrived in Portland (OR) dealerships...no Black Label models yet except '21 Aviator models.

I was told 4/7 that my Nautilus will be built next week and I should have it by the end of the month. If that happens from ordering to receiving will be 6 weeks. I was told I would be lucky to get it in 2 months. Lucky or has something changed in Lincoln's supply chain?

The latest news that I have heard from the auto media & Unifor 584 union sources is that production has been staggered with one to two week shutdowns per month since early February due to QC concerns at Oakville and pending chip shortages. 

Over recent past years, six to eight week periods from ordering to delivery were the norm once early production issues  (e.g. circa model year 2016 QC problems) were resolved. Several forum members in the Great Lakes locale have reported amazingly short delivery times due to rapid transits from Oakville to their dealers.

Oakville will be shut down due to chip shortage beginning this coming Monday till First Monday in May. 

Not seen any 2021 Nautilus in my area as of yet and my dealer says "4 are in transit". Same story for 4 weeks. Chip shortage has also put the brakes on much of the competition also so my shopping is extended. 2022 MDX seems like the only one not effected by chips at this point with shut downs. Just don't like the 3 row but at least the MDX won't be dead in 2024.      

Thanks for the info Shoeguy. 

I thought it might be to good to be true!

2011 MKX, 2016 MKX & a 2021 Nautilus (🤞), I am starting to recognize a pattern here. 😀

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Buzz.  I am half an hour away from the plant, news is all over the news here.  I myself was ready to order a 2021 , as I had a 2016, and have a 2019, at present.  The sales manager I deal with told me to hold off till 2022 around Christmas time .  He told me he has no idea when I would get my vehicle  if I ordered 6 weeks ago. His best guess would be late June July , for that reason he told me to wait.  This is one of the largest Lincoln dealers in Ontario. 

Much appreciated comment "shoeguy". Guess this sets the stage for me. No wonder the sales guy hasn't got back to me. Not sure if I want to wait but at least gives me time to decide. Always good info on this forum. 

A production layoff of April 12 through May 2 at Oakville added to the three earlier layoffs of 6 weeks duration during the January 4-March 7 period of this year totals 9 weeks of  lost production  in 2021...ouch!

Ugh, I do appreciate the info Shoeguy,  good or bad.  I guess I am glad they didn't ask me for a deposit to order. Maybe if I wait they will add Ocean Blue! 🤣

The Ford Truck Plants here in Louisville are suffering the same shutdowns. The Escape/Corsair plant is shutting down for 2 weeks. The truck plant that makes the F150, Expedition, Navigator have canceled a shift and overtime. You know that has to be killing them, can't keep them in stock.