Jump to content




Bravo27

2021 Nautilus

Recommended Posts

I had a 2014 MKX.  It only went in for 2 oil changes.  Then a 2016 MKX that was at the service department so many times I hardly remember now, but the service manager at my Lincoln only dealer is great.  I now have my 2019 Nautilus. Only thing it was in the service department for was the transmission software update, which worked perfectly and nothing else has ever gone wrong.  So, I will just keep this one for a few more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elijahbird7 said:

I had a 2014 MKX.  It only went in for 2 oil changes.  Then a 2016 MKX that was at the service department so many times I hardly remember now, but the service manager at my Lincoln only dealer is great.  I now have my 2019 Nautilus. Only thing it was in the service department for was the transmission software update, which worked perfectly and nothing else has ever gone wrong.  So, I will just keep this one for a few more years.

My 2016 MKX was only in for oil changes as well as a radio issue . My 2019 has only been in for oil changes.  This is as far as I am concerned the best car line that Ford/ Lincoln has done.  As much as I really do want to get a 2021 I may keep my 2019 one more year. As I would generally have over 40k on it by now. Thanks to COVID I only have 22K.  Will see in the next few weeks what I do when my dealer calls me with the incentives for spring selling season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have 5,500 miles on it now.  I don't drive it much in the summer because of the 7 other cars, but they are all put away in October and stored until March or April, and the Nautilus is the only driver while the others are stored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that the "Build" option for 2021 Nautilus(MKX) is up and running. Have not seen any 2021 in my area to physically look at. Looks like this model will have a short life as BEV will take it's place soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bravo27 said:

It appears that the "Build" option for 2021 Nautilus(MKX) is up and running. Have not seen any 2021 in my area to physically look at. Looks like this model will have a short life as BEV will take it's place soon.

 

AWD models continue production into 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2024 is good news. I have looked at allot of 2 row types and Nautilus (MKX) with 2.7L can't be beat for size, quality and $$. The 3 row 2022 MDX is close in quality but to include all the bells and whistles that Nautilus has, it is 5K more in price and 9" longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very disappointed that the superb 2.7 V6 turbo isn't available in the Nautilus base model anymore ( e.g. as in my Select model)...a deal-breaker for me since I'm not interested in all the expensive additional features of the other trim levels. Over several years my experiences with busy-bee four cylinder engines has not been satisfying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cosmos36 said:

I'm very disappointed that the superb 2.7 V6 turbo isn't available in the Nautilus base model anymore ( e.g. as in my Select model)...a deal-breaker for me since I'm not interested in all the expensive additional features of the other trim levels. Over several years my experiences with busy-bee four cylinder engines has not been satisfying.

 

I hear you, there should be more choices.  

 

I wanted a 3l V6 Turbo, I settled for an in line... 😀

 

 

IMG_2103.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the advantages offered by V6 configurations, especially smoothness/balance/torque, I would choose an inline 6 over a V6 on any occasion. The advent of twin turbos has diminished one of the inline issues, i.e. long induction plumbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmos36 said:

With all the advantages offered by V6 configurations, especially smoothness/balance/torque, I would choose an inline 6 over a V6 on any occasion. The advent of twin turbos has diminished one of the inline issues, i.e. long induction plumbing.

 

Edit of the above: With all the advantages offered by inline-6 configurations, especially smoothness/balance, torque, I would choose an inline 6 over a V6 on any occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmos36 said:

 

Edit of the above: With all the advantages offered by inline-6 configurations, especially smoothness/balance, torque, I would choose an inline 6 over a V6 on any occasion.


It doesn’t get any smoother or torquier than my 3.5L Ecoboost V6.  It does take more engineering to match the I6 balance though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 2:56 PM, akirby said:


It doesn’t get any smoother or torquier than my 3.5L Ecoboost V6...

 

Definitely a MKX...  Which Expedition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NOTMY911 said:

 

Definitely a MKX...  Which Expedition?


F150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They really want to get rid of the 2020's.  The delivery credit on a Reserve "all options in" is 11%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are such deals CDN only, factory sponsored, dealer sponsored, or ??  It appears that the only deals locally (US...Pacific northwest) are the usual 5%+ under MSRP to negotiating buyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look-like it, on the Build and Price.  Remember back in 2016 some of the MY2016 came out without Sync 3.  So I'm guessing not too many people would not wait for the 2022 to get the Sync 4.

 

As you know, I went for a X3 M40i.  Not withstanding the anemic 2.7 (after you drove a 3 l twin turbo - 365 lf-ft / 382 hp)  I could come back to the fold but the lack of HUD is a show stopper. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosmos36 said:

Are such deals CDN only, factory sponsored, dealer sponsored, or ??  It appears that the only deals locally (US...Pacific northwest) are the usual 5%+ under MSRP to negotiating buyers.


There are Ford factory rebates and local dealer association rebates.  There can also be unadvertised dealer cash in some cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked to my ex-salemen,  he does not know when they will get one in as there is "surprise surprise" a parts shortage...  

 

On the BMW site some people reports that they got told that some of the options they order are not available so they have the choice of go without it or wait... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Ford/Lincoln parts shortage? Do tell...many have been waiting since August 2020 (7 months) for brake hose repacements re: recall #20S42. Still no word yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cosmos36 said:

A Ford/Lincoln parts shortage? Do tell..


No, a nationwide microchip shortage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A worldwide microchip shortage across all major manufacturer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping track of Nautilus competitors and as you all have said, this goes throughout the industry. I probably should start looking at what's coming in the 2022 Nautilus (6 months) like maybe HUD will show up as an option. Acura MDX made a smart move to eliminate 2021 model year and call it 2022 model.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Doubt it, maybe and yes

 

18 minutes ago, Bravo27 said:

Keeping track of Nautilus competitors and as you all have said, this goes throughout the industry. I probably should start looking at what's coming in the 2022 Nautilus (6 months) I doubt it will come out in 2021 like maybe HUD will show up as an option the missing HUD, is a deal killer so hopefully it may come later this year.

 

Acura MDX made a smart move to eliminate 2021 model year and call it 2022 model.  And will take a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, took the plunge yesterday and ordered 2021 Nautilus with the 2.7 (must have for me). Disappointed in the Flight Blue, almost black even in the sun.

Went with the Burgundy Velvet with ebony/roast interior, loved the Ocean Blue but not a Nautilus color.

The clock is ticking we will see how long it takes to get here. Dealer said a minimum of 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×