Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Bravo27

2021 Nautilus

It’s really confusing as to what is happening.  According to the new union contract Oakville is supposed to stop building edge and Nautilus and switch to BEVs in 2023/2024.

At one point the new edge/nautilus were going to CD6 (RWD) but then switched to C2 (Escape/Corsair).   So either the C2 versions will be built elsewhere or they’re being replaced with BEVs.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:32 PM, akirby said:

Order bank doesn’t open until 10/23 so your dealer is being truthful.  Order guide will be out around the same time.

Nothing online yet.  Since Job 1 moved to the right this will probably move the the right as well.

I'm keeping an eye out too. I'm reading order bank date of 10/28/2020.

3 more sleeps...

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.11.59 AM.png

With the Nautilus production start of late January 2021 I suspect there will be small clips of something every few weeks. Should be interesting to see what's up on November 20th news break. Could make this a 2022 Nautilus and eliminate 2021 designation. MDX will skip 2021 designation and introduce there new redesign as a 2022 late in January. BEV's and covid really keeps things interesting to speculate. 

We’ll see everything on the 20th.

Lots of information here today as "akirby" noted. Large, heavy key fob can now be part of my cell phone which is a big plus. I suspect lots of small details coming in the months ahead before production. Disappointed HUD not part of accessories. Looking forward to updates of info. 

Best video (so far): 

Test Drive booked circa March/April...

1 hour ago, NOTMY911 said:

Test Drive booked circa March/April...

We're going to try out a Corsair and check out the 22-way seats in the current Nautilus.  If the Corsair is too small we'll probably get a 2021 Nautilus.   I really wanted a PHEV though (plug in hybrid).

When I test drove the 2016 MKX for a couple of days when I returned it we took the MKC for another day.  We did not make it home, just a bit too small.  Once are are use to a size its hard to go smaller.

29 minutes ago, NOTMY911 said:

When I test drove the 2016 MKX for a couple of days when I returned it we took the MKC for another day.  We did not make it home, just a bit too small.  Once are are use to a size its hard to go smaller.

I know but Corsair is a little bigger than the MKC.  We had an Edge, then tried to downsize to an Escape.  It wasn't bad but we ended up not liking the seats so we gave it to our daughter and got the MKX.

Edited by akirby

A few weeks ago I had a new Corsair as a loner for a week having my Nautilus in for problems. Very nice vehicle, great response, well engineered and the 4 banger surprised me with acceleration and shifting. The physical size driving was my only problem as I'm accustom to a bigger wheelbase and 190"-200" length. When you're in that range there's allot of 3 row seating and very little to compare to the Nautilus.   

2 hours ago, Bravo27 said:

A few weeks ago I had a new Corsair as a loner for a week having my Nautilus in for problems. Very nice vehicle, great response, well engineered and the 4 banger surprised me with acceleration and shifting. The physical size driving was my only problem as I'm accustom to a bigger wheelbase and 190"-200" length. When you're in that range there's allot of 3 row seating and very little to compare to the Nautilus.   

Exactly, I don't want a Fuchen (Porsche wheel + en) 3rd row...

While waiting, the Owner's Manual is here, Not Fully Defined but it shows the new interior.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Index?Variantid=7614&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&marketCode=US&bookcode=O158851&VIN=&userMarket=USA&div=l

146355763_2021NautilusInside.thumb.jpeg.44996127f597d9bc599a705ecfcf3d01.jpeg

800969783_2021NautilusInstrumentCluster.jpeg.8faa72d14303f48e2f2ff8fbc8bece5a.jpeg

Edited by NOTMY911

We stopped by the dealer and sat in a Corsair and tried the 24 way seats and the current Nautilus 22 way seats.  Seat comfort/room is really the only concern at this point.

Honestly the seats felt the same between Corsair and Nautilus and the Corsair only felt a little smaller.  Still quite comfortable.

The 22/24 way seats were quite comfy but not as different from the base seats as I expected.

So we’ll probably go Corsair early next year.  Flight blue was quite a bit darker than I expected but we didn’t see it in the sun.  Red Carpet and Ceramic Pearl are at the top of the list.  Leaning towards the Grand Touring PHEV but will need to do some test drives once they arrive.