Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

kthiel

SYNC 3 screen blacks out or freezes

2019 Nautilus and within a week of ownership - 90% of the time that i start the car at home one of the following happens: the SYNC screen sometimes goes completely black - except when I stop and then the back up cameras pop up.  Sometimes, the back up cameras stay on while I am driving down the road.  Sometimes, the screen freezes, except for the gps map which shows my location as I drive, but the temp and time is frozen - but I can still change the heat (just the number on the screen doesnt change).  The radio volume can be adjusted but the station cant be changed - and if the radio was off the last time the car was shut off - I cant turn it on (and the other way also - cant turn if off).

It happens away from the house very rarely and Dealer cant replicate but I have taken it to them while its not working so they do understand.  They ultimately replaced the APIM.  Good for a week.  I had to reset the Lincoln Way app because of the new part - and installed the phones.  And selected the Auto Update with wifi access and I am right back where I started - with a non working SYNC screen.  I can do the reset (volume button, +-) away from the house and it will reset and usually work from there on out.  The dealer "computer" doesnt show any error messages so the next appointment - I am bringing the car in with a bad screen (not hard to do) - and leave it running.

I am starting to think its the wifi access and or Auto update.  I manually clicked on the sync to do an update scan - and it just couldnt do it thru the wifi even though it is seen - and it spins and spins.  I let it scan for updates through my phone using the Lincoln App and it seemed to be fixed for a couple cycles.  Then its back again.  I turned off all the wifi, updates, etc and it seems to work.  

Of course, I thought I had it figured out before - and then it fails when I thought I had already eliminated the situation.  I think it might fail away from home on occasion because I allow sync to look for open wifi - and do an auto update.. and perhaps I am near a wifi.  It fails significantly less away from home. 

I have done trial and error for hours and its hard to get a consistent cause/effect but I am growing weary.  

Anyone else have this issue? 

Have the dealer come get it and replace the whole system.