Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Sign in to follow this  
ralfwho

Suggestions for improvements - hope Ford reads this...

Three issues with my otherwise delightful 2019 Nautilus.

1)  The threaded rod, part of the power seat up-back mechanism is exposed.  Just waiting to ensnarl someone's coat or at least get it greasy.  You can see it by moving the seat all the way back and looking down at the track.

2)  The touch-screen should allow the user to customize where icons live.  There are some that I use quite frequently and should be moved to the first screen; low-use ones should be allowed to be moved to the back of the class, so to speak.  Additionally, it takes me three or four touches to get to the heated steering wheel icon.  I wish I could make that easier.  I's also like one swipe to be able to turn off the display completely.  The logic is already there - you can one-touch it back to display mode after you've turned it off.

3)  The push-buttons for defeating the auto engine-off and the hold feature are inconveniently placed.  And the light controls are near impossible to use without looking for them, not easy when you're driving, especially at night.

Otherwise, a well thought-out and nicely executed vehicle.  My first Ford product since my '72 LTD.

Edited by ralfwho
correct spelling

What icons are you referring to that you use frequently?

I thought they changed the heated wheel icon to make it easier to access but I don't remember the details.   If not I think you can change that with Forscan.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be shutting off the display.  Then again I don't understand why you would turn off the stereo either.

Why are you messing with the light controls?  Put them in Auto and forget about them.

I have a 2017 MKX.ted steering wheel icon is on the home screen. I attached a fuzzy picture below showing this. lower right of the screen. Between the icons for the heated and cooled seat controls.

I turned it on for the picture.

(Sorry about the flash.)

IMG_20191106_dash.jpg

That was it.   Thanks.  I knew they added it somewhere.

a better pic showing the heated steering wheel on the home screen. My car is a 2017 MKX.

You can see that it was 10º outside today, so I really was using the heated steering wheel!

mkx_dash_pic.thumb.jpg.18b538d31e496bc41f923515eb39818a.jpg