Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

punch-card

New SYNC 3 upgrade available.

Funny thing is I saw this update show up when I pulled into my garage and it said it started to download the system update.  So looked it up online two days ago and went to install it with a thumb drive when it showed that the vehicle had managed to update itself.  Nice.  So far, the only thing I've noticed that's different is that the Waze speed discrepancy bug has been fixed.

Curious-about a month ago I did the NAV map update.  The download file was JR3T-14G424.

The Lincoln site says I have an update available for Sync 3 download file was JR3T--14G381-AS. The car says it still has the older build for Sync 3.

Am I going to mess things up installing this update, or is it totally separate from the NAVY update?

What is your version of Sync, maybe you updated Sync along with the maps? 19205 is the update number of Sync 3.

The other thing you could look at, is what files are on the USB, if they are different, then you are probably updating different parts of Sync 3

I did my update yesterday from the Lincoln site, JR3T--14G381-AS.zip.  After it finish as per p-c mention, when I check the Build it was it 19205.

As usual there is something that does not work.  This time I could not confirm my successful update on the Lincoln site.  If that happened  they mention  you need to do a manual confirmation by using this link. Of course the link did not work, I got the "Looks like we've hit a roadblock" message...

If you do not see the Confirm Update button, you may need to manually report your SYNC software version. Visit the software report page :https://owner.lincoln.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date/report-software-version.html ) and follow the on screen instructions.

Call this morning and after 10 minutes of back in forth, she told me that yes it was confirmed!!!

Noticed anything different?  All I saw that was fixed was the Waze speed bug.

Follow up on my earlier post. Was going to give the upgrade a try, and when I went to insert the USB I had a waiting notification that it had upgraded itself over the air!  And seems to work fine. As noted before, only discernible change was that speed on Waze is correct now.