Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

shoeguy

First road trip observations

Just finished a road trip of approximately 550 k. This trip consisted of about 200k of highway driving at a good 120 k per hour, the balance being city and rural roads of mostly 50 - 80 k per hour. Dash readout of fuel economy is 10.6. I now have 2,200 kilometres on the car. With the type of driving the car has had I would now consider the engine broken in and this would now be a true read.  

Your 10.6 dash readout converts to 22.19 US miles per gallon. Over 41 months of ownership, my 2016 with the 2.7TT averages 22.1 US mpg in suburban driving (no commuting) and 27.6 US mpg highway (50-70 mph on mixed secondary & freeway roads including mountainous routes). I've been very pleased with the MKX fuel economy considering the performance & comfort of the vehicle.

I found it amazing the differences between my 2016 MKX Reserve and my NEW 2019 Nautilus Reserve.

It’s really hard to believe these two are actually related.  The nineteen is everything that the sixteen should have been.  Quiet, Nice Ride, Tons of power.  I waited eighteen weeks for mine to be built, which really pissed me off.  But after one day in the Nautilus, it was worth it.

The full LED headlights with the cornering lights are really neat.  If anyone was wondering the cornering light works as follows,  In reverse the both go on.  When moving forward they work when your under 25 miles per hour. AND, yes they do throw a live beam of light to the side of the vehicle. 

Hi Rick. I totally agree with you on this post. The comfort, ride quietness are all head and shoulders to what my 16 MKX Reserve was. I cant believe that I am getting well over 500 kilometers to a tank in the city, and over 700 on the high way. The 2.0 turbo is just as smooth the 3.7 V6 was. 

I haven't driven the Nautilus, but the paramount curiosity I've had about any improvement over my 2016 2.7TT would be road noise and interior quietness. Lincoln has stated that suspension improvements (bushings) and added acoustical materials have led to the nautilus being quieter than previous MKX models. From various sources that has apparently been accomplished. The 2020 models will soon be available and we'll see if there are any further refinements.

As to fuel mileage, I regularly exceed the EPA averages of 17/24 mpg (500/700 km per tank) with the great 2.7TT engine. If I reduce my usual 70+ mph freeway speeds to ~55-60 mph, the MKX provides up to 31 mpg. Back in the years of several Oldsmobile & Cadillac ownerships, I would brag on getting 18 mpg highway mileage. Today, with all the improvements/amenities/power/safety of modern vehicles,  I am immensely pleased with the perceived value of the MKX-Nautilus.