Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Sign in to follow this  
LS3 Power

Lincoln Is Replacing Our Wheels

I am very impressed with Lincoln so far, we have the 2017 MKX Reserve with the 21 inch wheel option, and we noticed the clear was starting to come off on a few of the wheels. We had them come pick up the SUV yesterday for a oil change and asked them to look at the wheels when it arrived, They called my wife just a little while ago and let her know they are ordering her 4 brand new wheels. 

Something tells me with other brands, this would have been a hassle to get done. 

I'm glad you've had a good experience. Many owners would not feel as positively. Lincolns customer support had been an absolute joke for me.

When my custom ordered MKX arrived at the dealership, I received a call informing me of its arrival and scheduling a pickup time the next day. Later the same day, one of the dealer's managers called to say that a defect on one wheel was detected and suggested I could take delivery as planned or wait a few days until the wheel was replaced. I elected to inspect the car first and then make a decision. The next day, the spouse and I, accompanied by the manager, did a 'white glove' inspection of the MKX looking for not only the reported wheel defect but performing a detailed fit & finish quality inspection including fluids, tire pressures, electronic functions, etc. The three of us never did find any issue with any of the wheels and I decided to take delivery at that time.

The day after taking delivery, I received an email with a photo attachment from the dealer forwarding a close-up pic of the damaged wheel and stating that a replacement wheel had been ordered. With the photo in hand I was able to reexamine the wheel and find the defect with a reading glass and lining up some sidewall features. Sure enough, with magnification I was able to locate a tiny nick about the size of a half grain of rice on the wheel's rim. Apparently the manager had gone back to the source of the reported defect (during the pre-delivery preparation) and found that the nick had been flagged with a piece of green tape & a pic taken by the employee. I was impressed by the dealer's attention to providing such service to me.

They ended up replacing 3 out of the 4. The 4th one showed no issue and the dealership stated in order to have it covered they have to send the defective wheels back to Ford, so I was quite happy.