Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

NOTMY911

Employee Pricing in Canada

Not sure how long it is for but they got a 7% discount on the MSRP (including options) with 1% Interest rate on buying up to 60 months.

Hmmm, I got 10% off MSRP and 0%APR so maybe not such a great deal...

Its a starting point...

May var based on local dealers and how much inventory they need to clear.

They have this program every year... I've bought 4 vehicles through it since 2011.

And yes, this is the starting point.  Various other incentives can be stacked on the employee pricing, or at least this has been the case in the past.

When I got my 2013, additionally I got 0% lease, $1K for being a Costco member and $1.5K from the dealership which took me ~12% below MSRP.

Pickup Truck seem to have the biggest discount (2018 Dodge RAM from $56,675 to $39,325).

It's just an alternative to normal rebates.  In the US it equates to a $1500 rebate on a $40K vehicle.   So if they previously had a $3000 rebate they might go to employee pricing with an additional $1000 rebate.   In which case you're losing about $500 from the previous deal.   It's great pricing but you need to look at the total cost to see if they're just playing a shell game with the rebates.

Does all of the above discussion relate only to 'in stock' inventory?

I've always found that bottom line purchase prices were less generous to the purchaser of a custom ordered vehicle.

It applies to all vehicles including custom orders.   Canada and most US dealers can lock in pricing/incentives at the time of the order so it should still apply even if the offer expires before delivery.  Unless they treat the employee pricing differently than they treat other incentives.  So the only difference is when you take delivery.

Unless you're looking at a stock vehicle that's been on the lot for a long time or a vehicle that's in high demand/short supply I've never found any difference in pricing between in stock and custom order.  Of course that will vary by dealer.

Yes, of course you have to be careful about whether there's a shell game being played.  Some Ford vehicles have ridiculous interest rates coupled with the Employee Pricing rebates, but in my case it has always represented the best value and time to buy.  If I wasn't waiting for the Aviator, I would likely order a Nautilus through the program.

And yes, the program applies to ordered vehicles as well.  You get the best deal, whether it's at time of order or delivery; that's how it always has been here.

On the in-stock, maybe it's different where 911 deals in Ottawa, but I've never visited a Lincoln dealer that had more than two or three MKXs at a time.  Especially if you want your vehicle loaded up, you usually have to order one.  If you want an F150, now that's a different story - most dealer lots are 90% trucks!

In Ottawa, between the 3 dealerships, they got 28 MKX and about 75% are Reserve.

I did end-up ordering both my 13 and 16.

I'm still smarting over receiving a $750 cash mail coupon from Lincoln shortly after placing a custom order, then taking delivery 8 days after the coupon expiration date with both Lincoln & the dealer refusing to honor the coupon. The dated offer expired while my MKX sat in the regional distribution center 175 miles away.

The coupon contained no stipulation that the purchased vehicle had to be from dealer's inventory. The whole scenario occurred during the 2015 early production period when four month delivery times were the norm and dealer inventories were 1-2 flawed vehicles, if that. It was criminal for Lincoln to be mailing cash offers when no dealer inventories existed and custom ordered vehicles could not possibly be produced/delivered prior to coupon expiration dates.

Disgust & rant.