EJC

Just picked up a 2010 MKX

We are in the process of getting set to move from CT to New Hampshire. 
I wanted an SUV to take the load off our other cars (Lexus ES350 and Lexus IS-F) for moving stuff.

I'll be honest I was looking for a beater in decent condition to use for roughly 1-2yrs while we settle in.

I may have found more than I bargained for with this 2010 MX.

The car is a 2010 with 120K on the odo but appears to be in great condition.
I found it a local dealer I've bought many cars from and trusted them to have gone through the vehicle before sale.

I also picked up a 3yr 36K mile, so I hopefully will be a headache free for the time I own the car.
I was out the door - car, tax, reg, warranty- for $13K

The car cleaned up really well. The biggest problem was getting rid of the cigarette odor, but it looks like it's gone after a thorough cleaning.

Tomorrow I'll hardwire a radar detector.

lFJJ7y4.jpg

qhjKOdx.jpg

8ggl7Vg.jpg

ivy8ZRZ.jpg

That is one seriously handsome vehicle. I also like that grille.

You might consider checking out the Facebook group this forum's Facebook page, plus another one called "Everything Lincoln", which is a pretty friendly and lively place.

That is one seriously handsome vehicle. I also like that grille.

You might consider checking out the Facebook group this forum's Facebook page, plus another one called "Everything Lincoln", which is a pretty friendly and lively place.

Thanks, I spent all day Saturday cleaning it up.

Carpets, paint correction, leather, glass........

It made a nice difference

Thanks, I spent all day Saturday cleaning it up.

Carpets, paint correction, leather, glass........

It made a nice difference

. Great job!! Looks amazing...inside and out. Well done! Welcome

Sweet little ride you found yourself their

What paint correction did you use

(I've used Chadwicks before with great results)

. Great job!! Looks amazing...inside and out. Well done! Welcome

Thanks

Sweet little ride you found yourself their

What paint correction did you use

(I've used Chadwicks before with great results)

Thanks.

I used to be a Meguiars fan exclusively, but in the last year, I've been switching to Chemical Guys products.

I used a combination here.

PAINT:

1- Clay bar

2- MeGuiar's #9 swirl remover - by machine

3- Chemical Guys "White Lite"  paint finish - by machine

4- Chemical Guys "Jet Seal" paint sealant - by machine

5- MeGuiar's NxT2 wax (I also like Chemical guy's Pete's 53)

Leather:

1- Woolite 1:6dilution

2- Lexol cleaner

3- Lexol sealant

Carpets & Mats:

1- Vacuum

2- Bissell ProHeat Steamer/cleaner. I first sprayed with "Tough Stuff" to help get the deeper crap out

3-  Scotchguard

Sweet...I see the Lincoln etched headlights, is that a Limited Edition badge?

It has etched headlamps, the Bat Signal would have been cooler

There are no Ltd Ed badges on the car

It has etched headlamps, the Bat Signal would have been cooler

There are no Ltd Ed badges on the car

MKX embroidered floor mats?

MKX embroidered floor mats?

Yes. Driver's side is worn and I may look for a replacement

Yes. Driver's side is worn and I may look for a replacement

Chuckle...I think your LE badge fell off too ;-)

LIMITED EDITION PACKAGE

• Chrome grille

• Etched Lincoln Star in headlamp lenses

• 20" 7-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels

• LIMITED EDITION badge

• Premium Cashmere-colored leather-trimmed seats with Charcoal Black piping and embroidered Lincoln Star on front-row head restraints

• Ebony wood accents

• Ebony carpeting and premium carpeted floor mats with embroidered MKX logo

https://assets.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/assets/2010_Lincoln_MKX_J1/NGBS/pdf/pdf_136B520A-5FEC-C98B-AC13-0E6FAC130E6F.pdf

Nice find!

Oops, I stand corrected, IT IS A LIMITED EDITION

Chuckle...I think your LE badge fell off too ;-)

LIMITED EDITION PACKAGE

• Chrome grille

• Etched Lincoln Star in headlamp lenses

• 20" 7-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels

• LIMITED EDITION badge

• Premium Cashmere-colored leather-trimmed seats with Charcoal Black piping and embroidered Lincoln Star on front-row head restraints

• Ebony wood accents

• Ebony carpeting and premium carpeted floor mats with embroidered MKX logo

https://assets.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/assets/2010_Lincoln_MKX_J1/NGBS/pdf/pdf_136B520A-5FEC-C98B-AC13-0E6FAC130E6F.pdf

Nice find!

That's what it is, a Limited Editon. The badges are there. I just remembered wrong

Couple of things to verify immediately.

Have the plugs been changed? If not, change asap. Number one priority. Worn plugs gap gets wide and draws excessive current through coils. Will destroy coils and PCM.

Has the coolant been changed? (If your has gold from the factory, have the dealer flush and change to green). Asap. If green, has it been changed in last 36k? If not, another asap item.

The warranty is an excellent choice, water pump failures are common on these engines if the coolant isn't changed over to green or every 36k.

If you have AWD, have the PTU fluid changed. As this is not a Ford maintenance item, every Ford dealer will do this. Just tell them to use the same machine they use to change the sealed differentials. Dealer cost should run around $80.

Next change the transmission fluid. Important.

After that, change remaining fluids, brake & power steering. Fluids go bad over time. There are videos on YouTube on how to do these yourself. Look for MacFordEdge videos.

There are also some good vids on Youtube on how to eliminate cigarette odors. Forget who did them, one of the detailers who have multiple videos on there. Forget what he used, may have been disk of ammonia overnight. Anyway, there are goods bids on how to kill cig odor in cars (it's in the floor carpeting if I remember correctly).

Periodically check the water pump weep hole on the top of the engine. If you ever see coolant coming out, have them change the water pump. (Again YouTube has videos on location).

If the water pump ever needs to be changed, also change chain guides snd chain (too much slack can destroy w.p. bearing).

Lastly, I'd recommend that you change the cabin air filters (often overlooked). Easy 2 minute fix, open glove box. remove all junk, lift right corner away from hinge and lift box out of opening. Carefully let box hang from corded retractor. The air filter has a cover that's removed by unlatching on left side. R&R filter. Best price is on Amazon. This is the filter I use: ATP Automotive FA-14 Carbon Activated Premium Cabin Air Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A6NBO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mltkBbJJVFCES

If you have heated &cooled seats, there is a fliter under each seat. Don't buy new, just pop off and blow out. These rarely get dirty.

Edited by enigma-2

Couple of things to verify immediately.

Have the plugs been changed? If not, change asap. Number one priority. Worn plugs gap gets wide and draws excessive current through coils. Will destroy coils and PCM.

Has the coolant been changed? (If your has gold from the factory, have the dealer flush and change to green). Asap. If green, has it been changed in last 36k? If not, another asap item.

The warranty is an excellent choice, water pump failures are common on these engines if the coolant isn't changed over to green or every 36k.

If you have AWD, have the PTU fluid changed. As this is not a Ford maintenance item, every Ford dealer will do this. Just tell them to use the same machine they use to change the sealed differentials. Dealer cost should run around $80.

Next change the transmission fluid. Important.

After that, change remaining fluids, brake & power steering. Fluids go bad over time. There are videos on YouTube on how to do these yourself. Look for MacFordEdge videos.

There are also some good vids on Youtube on how to eliminate cigarette odors. Forget who did them, one of the detailers who have multiple videos on there. Forget what he used, may have been disk of ammonia overnight. Anyway, there are goods bids on how to kill cig odor in cars (it's in the floor carpeting if I remember correctly).

Periodically check the water pump weep hole on the top of the engine. If you ever see coolant coming out, have them change the water pump. (Again YouTube has videos on location).

If the water pump ever needs to be changed, also change chain guides snd chain (too much slack can destroy w.p. bearing).

Lastly, I'd recommend that you change the cabin air filters (often overlooked). Easy 2 minute fix, open glove box. remove all junk, lift right corner away from hinge and lift box out of opening. Carefully let box hang from corded retractor. The air filter has a cover that's removed by unlatching on left side. R&R filter. Best price is on Amazon. This is the filter I use: ATP Automotive FA-14 Carbon Activated Premium Cabin Air Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A6NBO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mltkBbJJVFCES

If you have heated &cooled seats, there is a fliter under each seat. Don't buy new, just pop off and blow out. These rarely get dirty.

Thanks. 

The plugs were done @ 85K

Checking on the other stuff

We are in the process of getting set to move from CT to New Hampshire. 

I wanted an SUV to take the load off our other cars (Lexus ES350 and Lexus IS-F) for moving stuff.

I'll be honest I was looking for a beater in decent condition to use for roughly 1-2yrs while we settle in.

I may have found more than I bargained for with this 2010 MX.

The car is a 2010 with 120K on the odo but appears to be in great condition.

I found it a local dealer I've bought many cars from and trusted them to have gone through the vehicle before sale.

I also picked up a 3yr 36K mile, so I hopefully will be a headache free for the time I own the car.

I was out the door - car, tax, reg, warranty- for $13K

The car cleaned up really well. The biggest problem was getting rid of the cigarette odor, but it looks like it's gone after a thorough cleaning.

Tomorrow I'll hardwire a radar detector.

If the smoke odors return rent an Ozone Generator and leave it in the car for 24 hours. I cleared the odor from a whole house in 72 hours

I cleared the odor from a whole house in 72 hours

You really should run the fan in the bathroom. :whistling: