Sign in to follow this  
Timmer

The New Ride: 2018 Black Label 2.7TT

Update to a previous post: Last week my home Lincoln dealership called, letting me know the other dealer had changed their mind, now agreeing to part with their 2018 MKX Black Label.

This vehicle had everything I wanted, less the trailer tow package, and was exactly what I had special ordered.  So the factory order was canceled and here is the new ride!

2018 MKX 2

2018 MKX 3

2018 Black Label 1

2018 MKX 4

2018 MKX 5

2018 MKX 6

2018 MKX 7

So long to my wonderful 2016 Reserve.  Just a great car!

2016 MKX Goodbye!

post-1082-0-85516200-1528548568_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timmer

There is only one way to describe this car.  It's gorgeous.  Can you share how you optioned it, the MSRP and how much you paid for it??

Savor & enjoy, Timmer.

Your outgoing '16 was a visual clone of my Luxe...it will surely bring tears to part with it.

Sweet! We saw a MKC in the same color yesterday and it was stunning.

Edited by waltcmusic

Edited by waltcmusic

Edited by waltcmusic

It sure is... That's Burgundy Velvet Metallic. I choose Chroma Brown instead because it's not a political color.

5c2.jpg

Edited by waltcmusic

No matter where you put it, she's sweet!

Brown is not a political color, Walter Chan?

Tell that to a citizen of Germany in 1934?

There is only one way to describe this car.  It's gorgeous.  Can you share how you optioned it, the MSRP and how much you paid for it??

Thanks, goatee.  This vehicle was from a dealer's inventory and not a special order.  I believe it has all available options except the rear seat entertainment system, the trailer tow package and the 21-inch wheels.

Black Label trim level vehicles are pretty much loaded, so not a lot of options...

I'd prefer not to get into pricing specifics.  What I will say is that more was offered on my 2016 MKX Reserve trade-in than I was expecting.  So with the dealer discount, MKX promotional rebate, existing Lincoln owner (retention) rebate along with my trade-in value, I'm very happy with the entire experience.

Timmer

Edited by Timmer

Savor & enjoy, Timmer.

Your outgoing '16 was a visual clone of my Luxe...it will surely bring tears to part with it.

You're right - It was tough to part with my 2016, Cosmos.  

The final 2016 Luxe pic in my post was taken just before I turned the keys in to the dealer.

Such a great car...!

Edited by Timmer

I was a little confused too. LOL... "The New Ride: 2018 Black Label" thread should be in 2018 MKX forum area, not 2016. Maybe moderator should move this thread into 2018 MKX.

Looks like it has 371 miles on odometer upon delivery.

Yes Waltc, It was driven from the Milwaukee area dealer who originally had it in their inventory.

I was a little confused too. LOL... "The New Ride: 2018 Black Label" thread should be in 2018 MKX forum area, not 2016. Maybe moderator should move this thread into 2018 MKX.

Perhaps you're right, Waltc and thanks for pointing this out.

I've owned a 2016, and have been posting here with my fellow MKX forum buddies for several years.

And considering that there are only two posts in the 2018 model year forum and both are yours, I'm hopeful the moderator will be kind enough to still allow me to post here.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

Timmer

Congrats!

I wound up with the exact same configuration. I traded in a 2016 Reserve also with only 18.5k miles on it, which had been a custom order in Feb 2016. With the available incentives and equity I had! The drive away price was less than the 2016. My monthly payment on the same 48 month 0% loan is 30 dollars less.

The difference in the interiors is truly impressive.

My main reasoning was that I was so happy with the Reserve, I grabbed the configuration and color I had always wished for at the end of the production run, expecting to keep it for a while.

Really happy with the deal and the dealership. It was delivered from a dealership about 160 miles a way. Their Black Label salesman drove it down and delivered it to me at work. Even took me to lunch! A truly pleasant experience all around.

Edited by waltcmusic

Congratulations on a beautiful color combination.  Is that the rouge noir interior color.  We have it on our 2016, and think it's exceptionally rich looking.  Enjoy it.

Edited by waltcmusic

This one is Indulgence theme, so it's ganache and truffle interior (brown). I have this one too, except it's brown exterior color too. Chocolatey insanely delicious too, and my MKX order emphasizes on gastronomy and ease of digestion. LOL...

Isn't there a massage function on those 22-way seats that aids digestion?