Sign in to follow this  
wbferrara

Saving current location

Trying to setup a work location. The map does not list the road correctly so can’t input the address. Ithe prompt implies that if no address is input, it will use the current location. But I never seem to be able to save anything. Anyone get this feature to work properly? I’ve also experienced this when trying to save a non mapped destination as a favorite. Thanks

Starting point, does this work?

https://youtu.be/4oGxPjJHets

Ford's official website telling how to do it.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/navigation/how-to-set-home-and-favorite-addresses-in-sync-3-navigation.html

I had a road mislabeled on one I was trying to save (Sync-1). So I ended up using the mislabeled road as the destination.

For non-mapped destinations, I use an approx address. Once you get close, you don't need an exact address anyway.

Edited by enigma-2

My current (temporary rental house) address is misspelled (Carrige instead of Carriage). Just look at the map and see how it’s spelled and use the incorrect spelling.

Appreciate the suggestions. I’m guessing that the guidance that the system will automatically use your current location when you save a favorite unless otherwise specified is incorrect or misleading. Was trying to find out if I was just being technologically challenged in not being able to figure it out.

It seems like the process was not intuitive to get it to use the current location, but I can’t remember exactly what you had to do.

From the Edge forum:

Found it finally. The key is : dont use the "where am i" thing. It just doesnt have what it should. The solution is :

1. Simply click on nav to see the map. The red arrow shows where you are.

2. Now touch the red arrow with a single finger (or a nearby spot).

3. At the right bottom on the screen, a green button named "start" will show up.

4. Press that green "start" button.

5. A dialogue box opens with options to either save that location or to start navigating to that spot.