mkx-wanders

Tips, Tricks and Features...?

I thought it would be fun to start a list of the Tips, Tricks and Features (TTF) of the MKX (and other vehicles...).

Trick (Feature?) #1 - All windows down after unlocking (Not the Vista Roof).

(1) Press Unlock on the Fob then (1) Press and Hold Unlock on the Fob.

Trick (Feature?) #2 - Turn signal auto-cancel for quick lane changes (Stays on for 4-5 seconds after release).

Press the turn signal arm about half-way until the signal turns on and then release.

Tip #1 - Electric Parking Brake automatically disengages, when vehicle is in drive and driver presses on the accelerator.

Tip #2 - Vehicle in 'single pressed Neutral', will go into Park if the Driver's door is opened.

Here's one - if you have the power folding back seats, hold the button down until the seat folds. Pressing and releasing won't do it and you'll think something is wrong. :)

Adding more: Bring up Entertainment in the center screen, then change station presets with the up/down buttons on the steering wheel.

Edited by MKXMark

Which button do I push for the passenger ejection seat?

Here's one - if you have the power folding back seats, hold the button down until the seat folds. Pressing and releasing won't do it and you'll think something is wrong. :)

I thought the rear seats were not powered, and pushing the button just releases a latch

Not sure if it was the same on my 2013 as I never try it but if you Remote Start, you can bypass the "Engine ON/OFF" push button  and press drive or reverse to get moving.

Not sure if it was the same on my 2013 as I never try it but if you Remote Start, you can bypass the "Engine ON/OFF" push button  and press drive or reverse to get moving.

Tip Checked. It still works in a 2016.

If you're a bit paranoid like I am about the longevity of the front camera mechanism, instead of hitting P then shutting the engine down, just hit the Engine Start/Stop button.

For some reason, these vehicles deploy the front camera when you start the vehicle and hit drive and also when you put the vehicle into park.  Seems unnecessary IMHO.

I thought the rear seats were not powered, and pushing the button just releases a latch

They're sprung, a power latch releases them and the spring pushes them down.

If you're a bit paranoid like I am about the longevity of the front camera mechanism, instead of hitting P then shutting the engine down, just hit the Engine Start/Stop button.

For some reason, these vehicles deploy the front camera when you start the vehicle and hit drive and also when you put the vehicle into park.  Seems unnecessary IMHO.

I’ve noticed that. At first I thought it was broken. I guess it’s so you get the picture a little faster when you shift out of park but it does seem totally unnecessary.

You you are traveling at speed and hit reverse the car will go into nuteral and the backup camera will come on.

You you are traveling at speed and hit reverse the car will go into nuteral and the backup camera will come on.

I always wonder what would happen if you accidentally hit a switch button by accident...  

I always wonder what would happen if you accidentally hit a switch button by accident...

Nothing bad. The computer won’t let you do anything stupid like putting the tranny into park at speed.

Edited by waltcmusic

If you leave the fuse alone, it will be in FWD only 95% of the time anyway.

Not to slight the AWD CCD, but I hardly noticed a difference. Maybe I need to find a road with bigger potholes. I am very pleased with the handling and comfort the fixed position of the FWD config.

I am still infatuated with Sync2/MLT...Yeah, it is a bit laggy, but it is beautiful.  I hope the Aviator has Sync4 or a cleaned up and refined Sync3.

Tip - when auto-hold is turned on, press lightly on the brake pedal to creep forward in traffic, press harder to engage auto-hold.

This is what I drove in college, except it had a full white vinyl roof and wire basket wheels.   Blue velour interior.  (no curb feelers though). Got called a pimpmobile more than once!

1975_oldsmobile_cutlass_supreme-pic-8426

Tip - when auto-hold is turned on, press lightly on the brake pedal to creep forward in traffic, press harder to engage auto-hold.

If you have auto stop/start, pressing lightly on the pedal when you stop will prevent the engine from shutting off.  If you want it to shut off press harder.

Very nice.  I just tried it today and it worked wonderfully as a 2 MPH Cruise Control.  Thanks!

MLT is beautiful and SYNC 3 needs to be cleaned up and refined?

I never thought My Ford Touch deserved the abuse it got but it's crude, at best, by today's standard. I've had it in a few loaners (although not an mkx). Is honestly less elegant than what I had in my first generation Acura TSX.

Sync 3 is probably one of the best systems out there.it had is snafus and usability quirks but there is a reason that it gets high consumer satisfaction ratings.

I preferred iDrive in a lot of ways.