Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

RRivera

Lincoln Ranks 17th in Consumer Reports Satisfaction Surveys

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/22/consumer-reports-car-auto-rankings-genesis/

US brands reportedly lagged other automakers in their rankings, but looks like only Chrysler outperformed Lincoln.  Chrysler was ranked 11th. Next came Lincoln at 17th, followed by Ford (20), Chevy (23), and Cadillac (24).

R

Lincoln's customer support is ABYSMAL.  The dealers out here in CA are absolutely laughable.

I think my MKX is very competitive with all the fancy brands but dealing with dealers around problems during the warranty years is a painful experience. Its not upscale in the least - in fact its not on par with when I owned non-premium brands.

Pity.  Thought the customer experience was a major tenet in the outgoing CEO's vision for the brand.

Pity.  Thought the customer experience was a major tenet in the outgoing CEO's vision for the brand.

It was but as I’ve explained before there is virtually nothing Ford can do to FORCE dealers to do anything even if they’re pissing off customers. All thanks to state laws. It’s really a shame. They tried several years ago with Blue Oval Certified but dealers sued and won.

Where they CAN do better is at the corporate level, dealing with chronic problems and lemons and recall parts. They should make it much easier for a customer with a problem vehicle to have it replaced without getting a lawyer. Take the vehicle back at fair market value, fix it and auction it and let the customer pick a new one at A plan price. Should be close to break even or they might lose a few thousand but they will also sell another new vehicle and have a happy customer.

17th huh. Ya gotta love statistics.

Speaking of statistics, I remember reading about an American Army Air Corps bombing mission that took off from England on August 14, 1943 and bombed Hamburg, Germany.

116 aircraft took part.

And thanks to the genius of the Norton Bombsite, a Top Secret optical wonder on each of the bombers, a full 100% of all of the bombs dropped that day, hit the ground. It's TRUE, 100%. So much for 17th place.

In the latest JD Power dependability study, the difference between 5th place and 27th place in the rankings is 1.2 problems per 100 vehicles vs. 1.7.

The absolute best (Lexus) is exactly 1.0 problems per 100 vehicles. Chrysler is dead last but only at 2.1.

The average is 1.4.

This means even the best vehicles will have 1 problem the first 3 years and the worst will have 2 problems (on average). I don’t see that as enough of a difference to influence a purchase decision.

Rankings in this case are virtually meaningless and statistically insignificant for most brands and vehicles.

What does matter is specific problems such as the Ford PTUs or engine problems on Porsches, etc.

post-932-0-22707400-1521300385_thumb.jpeg

Edited by akirby

I think the Lincoln "experience" is highly overrated. It should be dead last! I have a 2017 MKX Reserve and the noise from the tires, seat size, and bumpy ride has given this car the nickname of "stikin Lincoln". There is a loud noise that can only be heard when it rains. Since I live 30+ miles from the dealership and it takes anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour to get there, I took it in when rain was scheduled. Well, the rain passed by. So now they tell me that I have to bring the car back when it rains. This is ridiculous since it takes so long to get to dealer. It can rain here at my house, but not rain where the dealership is. This problem upsets me so much. I believe that it will be the death of me.

Rob, it sounds like many of your problems are related to the tires. If it were me I'd yank the crap tires off and put on some nice, new, quite, smooth ones. I like Bridgestone Dueler, other's here like Michelin's. That will fix the noise from the tires (mine are very quiet) and some of the bumpy ride. (Your going to get a bumpy ride if your running 21's. Not much you can do about that).

Noise when it rains is a new one. What kind of noise are you experiencing? Is like a singing or a howl? Something that can be attributed to the tire tread? Again new tires if so.

Seat size is, well, ah, personal. I find the seats completely satisfactory. No where near the comfort of my 1998 Mercury Sable mind you, those were a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, but a good 7.5. But nothing like the crap you get in the Asian cars. Judging from all the stuff the build into the seats nowadays, forced heating, forced air conditioning, power in all directions, power lumbar, side air bags, fart eliminators, etc. it's a wonder that they have any comfort to them at all.

Edited by enigma-2

I think the Lincoln "experience" is highly overrated. It should be dead last! I have a 2017 MKX Reserve and the noise from the tires, seat size, and bumpy ride has given this car the nickname of "stikin Lincoln". There is a loud noise that can only be heard when it rains. Since I live 30+ miles from the dealership and it takes anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour to get there, I took it in when rain was scheduled. Well, the rain passed by. So now they tell me that I have to bring the car back when it rains. This is ridiculous since it takes so long to get to dealer. It can rain here at my house, but not rain where the dealership is. This problem upsets me so much. I believe that it will be the death of me.

Lincoln please have a dealership with in 15 min of all US and er CAN customers.

God/

Edited by thisguy159

I have a 2017 with 18" wheels and Pirelli scorpions and it's smooth, quiet, and comfortable. Been through torrential rains as well.

Lincoln please have a dealership with in 15 min of all US and er CAN customers.

God/