JOEHIO

Remote start / heated seats & wheel

What setting do you want to change?

You can download an owners manual

I have a 17 MKX and I am experiencing the similar issue of the seats and steering wheel not coming on when I use the remote start. I tried changing the settings to “last” rather than “auto” like originally posted in this thread. That didn’t work . When I get in the started  vehicle after using the Lincoln app or key remote the entire dash (radio,heat settings…etc) is not illuminated. This seems to be the root of the problem because it is not powering up the ignition. Any more help out there for this issue? I already have several warranty issues the dealer “fixed” that have resurfaced so I don’t have a ton of faith in my dealer 

Edited by Tjboo

4 hours ago, Tjboo said:

When I get in the started  vehicle after using the Lincoln app or key remote the entire dash (radio,heat settings…etc) is not illuminated.

My 2011 is the same, with the features working. I'm assuming that is the way the  engineered plan is No control of HVAC until you take control by bypassing remote start feature's.

Well, I have heard the older models did not have this technology. The 17 did because it worked up until this year. 

What is outside temperature is displayed on the Instrument control panel, when the features don't function? Thinking maybe a defective outside temperature sensor, or, inside temperature  sensor.

Edited by CARR142
addendum

I will pay closer attention tomorrow morning and I will park it outside tonight. I just went into the 48 degree garage and went in the car and it said 70 degrees. You may be on to something, I will let you know. Thanks

I parked it out in the drive and for the last couple hours and used the remote start. I left it run for 15 minutes and went out and all the dash lights (radio/heat)were out. The defrost was on minimally. As soon as I hit the start button the lights illuminated and the temp read the current outside Temp. I tried to upload a couple pics but they failed

13 hours ago, Tjboo said:

I parked it out in the drive and for the last couple hours and used the remote start. I left it run for 15 minutes and went out and all the dash lights (radio/heat)were out. The defrost was on minimally. As soon as I hit the start button the lights illuminated and the temp read the current outside Temp. I tried to upload a couple pics but they failed

Nothing is illuminated while it’s in remote start mode.  You have to either put the key in or hit the start button to actually turn on the vehicle.

Think about it - why do you need any controls if there is nobody in the vehicle?

Ya, that makes sense. I guess I assumed it would have to be lit up for the heated seats and heat to be on but I guess that’s not necessarily true. I guess I don’t remember if, when it worked, if those lights were actually illuminated or not.