Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Donkey Kahn

Wind Noise

I was so happy to pick up my new MKX.  Now that I have been commuting in it I realize that the wind noise is terrible - seemingly coming from the little fly window in the front doors.  Has anyone else noticed a loud wind noise in the cabin at around 60 MPH?

Not on ours.   Some early builds had a problem with the trim but I thought that was fixed before the 2017s came out.

Check the weatherstripping - it may be loose or damaged in that area.

Chasing those kind of issues can be a real PITA. Picked it up new, you say? Make it your dealer's problem.  :headscratch:

Could be coming from the side mirrors.  There is a TSB describing the problem.  It affected early model 2016's, so I am not sure about 2017.  Inside the mirror cover there is a piece of weatherstripping missing.  I had the work "done" on mine and I still hear a whistle from the passenger side mirror when the wind is blowing head on.

I was so happy to pick up my new MKX.  Now that I have been commuting in it I realize that the wind noise is terrible - seemingly coming from the little fly window in the front doors.  Has anyone else noticed a loud wind noise in the cabin at around 60 MPH?

I noticed the same thing. Did you resolve this yet? I bought my car about 3 weeks ago. 

I hear singing similar from the rear passenger side. Took it to the dealer and they confirmed it, but they said it was the ANC working properly. Doesn't ring true to me, so going to ask for them to look at it again soon.

I have what appears to be wind noise coming not from the mirror area but from the back of the drivers side window. It happens above about 30mph. But oddly what I found was if I turn off the heat/AC, the noise goes away!! Anyone else have this same situation? The noise is really irritating. 

I have what appears to be wind noise coming not from the mirror area but from the back of the drivers side window. It happens above about 30mph. But oddly what I found was if I turn off the heat/AC, the noise goes away!! Anyone else have this same situation? The noise is really irritating. 

Same here on my '17. Mine started after the driver's side door check was replaced. To fix that, the door had to be completely disassembled. I brought it back and it was confirmed some "weather stripping" has to be replaced. That will be fixed January 7/8th. I will report back then on the outcome. 

Got my car back the other day. Driver's door glass top run was replaced. Part #FA1Z 5821597 C.

Not convinced it resolved the wind noise. On top of it, whatever the dealer did during the repair, my driver's side door rattles when closing the door. Something is loose.

I'm bringing it back in friday. I'm getting frustrated with this car and dealer.

While my car was being serviced for the door rattle, I asked to drive another MKX as to compare wind noise.  It was an '18 loaner though. Night and day difference. My '17 seems to eat and absorb the wind.  The '18 cut through, very quiet ride.

The weather stripping that was replaced in my above post did not resolve the wind noise. Dealer did resolve the door rattle (left a bolt inside my door panel). C'MON!  However, I had the replaced door check re-evaluated as it ballooned the paneling when door is at full open. 

Once again, another door check has to be ordered which means taking apart my driver's side door AGAIN. 

Is this ever going to end Lincoln?  I just want to drive in peace, comfort, and happiness.