Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

sdonaghey

21" Wheels - Clear Coat Flaking Off

I have the 21" premium painted wheels and noticed that the clearcoat is flaking off of one wheel.  Car only has like 17000 miles on it.  Anyone else have this issue with their wheels?

Yep, had all 4 of mine replaced by Lincoln under warranty.

-chris

Thanks for the reply.  I have one maybe two wheel with the issue.  I am going to go to my dealership and have them started the warranty process.

NP, good luck, try and get all 4 replaced as the other 2 will prob peel the day after you get the replacements!

-chris

Are these the ones that have black paint and kidf of look like Starfish ?  ( My wife's description)

Nope they are the silver rims.

I am bringing the car to the dealership this Wednesday.  Should be interesting to see what they say.  I have a small list of things I want them to take a look at.

Brought the MKX to the dealership yesterday and they told me all 4 rims are going to get replaced!

I have our 2017 Reserve set for pick up next Friday to have our oil changed and I am asking them to look at her 21 inch wheels. 3 of them have the clear coat coming off. I am hoping this dealership will be as easy to work with on this as the few that are getting them replaced. 

'16 MKX---all 4 wheels are are flaking.  Going to try and get replacements also.  How long is the warranty?

4 hours ago, Dianna said:

'16 MKX---all 4 wheels are are flaking.  Going to try and get replacements also.  How long is the warranty?

4 yrs/ 50k miles