Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln MKX Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Lincoln MKX - Lincoln Nautilus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo gallery and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Car completely dead!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tberg

tberg

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:Jaguar XKR, Buick Enclave, De Tomaso Pantera, '68 GTO, '78 Datsun 280Z, 1958 Corvette
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

My son and my wife swapped cars this morning as she had a lot of supplies left in her old car which my son is now using.  So, he goes out to start the car this morning and he can't get it started.  He calls me, and I run him through all the steps of starting it figuring he was confused about stepping on the brake pedal etc.  He can't get it started.  My wife goes out and tries, and she can't get it to turn over and no signs of life.  I was a couple of blocks away, came home, and found the car so dead that door locks wouldn't work, courtesy lights wouldn't light up, nothing.  Fortunately when my son first went out, there was apparently enough power to unlock the door, so I was able to open the hood.  Otherwise, how would you be able get to the battery without the hood release.  I put the battery on a charger, and after about 30 minute I was able to start the car.  I called and made a service appointment at my local dealer but they can't see it until next week.  I drove the car all day long afterwards, and had no other problems.  The car is a 2016 Black Label  pretty much loaded with 7000 miles on it.  I looked on the internet for any useful information, but only found one reference about a service bulletin that was related to the optional Revel sound system (which I have) on early build 2016 cars possibly draining the battery.  There was an updated software solution.  I checked the CARFAX service history and did not see this performed.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and what was the diagnosis?

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   sdonaghey

sdonaghey

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationLaSalle
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Lincoln MKX

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have an early build 2016 and I am on my second battery.  Yesterday I noticed a message on My Lincoln Way app stating low battery voltage.  I just had the battery replaced about 6 weeks ago before heading off on vacation.

What TSB# did you find about the Revel audio system?  I cannot find it anywhere.

#3 OFFLINE   mkx-wanders

mkx-wanders

• MKX Member
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationKalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:2016 MKX Reserve
  • My MKX's Year:Decline

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:43 PM

I had this battery drain on a powered tailgate problem, but after a fresh battery replacement and the failed latch replacement all is good.  I can not imagine why you had to wait a week without a *loaner* while they repair the problem.  Free towing >70,000 miles too.  (I have the Luxury 1 Pkg. and not a Black Label)

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·