2017 Black MKX, brand new.

I have taken it through a touchless car wash twice - each time the results are not all that great.

Clearly, there's leftover dirt.

I'm concerned about using a soft-cloth car wash service, but maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

Any ideas?

Hand car wash, cost more but the difference is appreciated.

My Kona blue MKX

After a watch, Black car look good for about 1 minutes...  

Had one, probably never will have another one.

Depends how hard you wanna work and how much you wanna spend.  2 bucket method for washing by hand.  Or No Rinse wash using a product like ONR (Optimum No Rinse).  You'll need to invest in product and good microfibers for that.  It's also harder work than driving up to a car wash.  The difference?  Irrefutable. 

Nothing beats a good old fashioned hand wash.  Unless it's freezing, I usually manage to do the caras ( '15 MKS & '16 MKX) muself.  There is a hand car wash a few miles away that will do a hand wash for $9.00 for a car and $13.00 for a SUV, exterior only.  Prices go up considerably for inside, out and tire shine, but still worth it, especially in cold weather.

Nothing beats a good old fashioned hand wash.  Unless it's freezing, I usually manage to do the caras ( '15 MKS & '16 MKX) muself.  There is a hand car wash a few miles away that will do a hand wash for $9.00 for a car and $13.00 for a SUV, exterior only.  Prices go up considerably for inside, out and tire shine, but still worth it, especially in cold weather.

Good to see you still on here Joe!

Look for local Groupon hand-wash deals. You can sometimes get some that are not much more than a good soft-cloth (I go soft-cloth with hand finish)