Sign in to follow this  
Charles

Dual Climate Control Problem

Maybe. Here's a good site that shows you how to run a few tests to see If the coolant is flowing smoothly. Like running you hand over the face of the radiator and checking for hot/cool spots & several other checks.

https://itstillruns.com/diagnose-clogged-radiator-5883036.html

How about the water pump? Any coolant in the oil? (Makes the oil look milky).

Your problem is still the blend door actuator. When you ran the diagnostic test, did you get any codes?

Edited by enigma-2

I had no codes at all. However, my lower radiator hose feels cool even after running. I squeeze it and I see the reservoir rise and bubble. I am at a loss . It's a brand new radiator. Could it be a thermostat? Even though I have a hot passenger side and a cold drivers side?

Thermostat stuck open the car never gets into the warm region. Stuck closed, overheats.

Is a/c working ok?

Possible that the problemon is really the other blend door acuator? It's behind the gloss box, try unplugging and the plug back in.

Edited by enigma-2

I am having the issue with the cold air coming from the vents on the drivers side and heat out of the passenger vents with both temps set at 80. I tried to look under the driver side dash for the actuator to unplug and plug back in but I didn't see it. I have a 2013 MKX, is it located in the same place as the 2012 as stated earlier in the thread? Also, how do you reset the module when you have a touch screen?

I had this problem on 2014 mkx and used reset procedure that was on YouTube for 2013 Ford Edge. Hold down climate control power button and defrost at the same time release and then press climate control power button one more time fixed problem

On 9/30/2017 at 6:37 AM, Brian T Kostrub said:

I had no codes at all. However, my lower radiator hose feels cool even after running. I squeeze it and I see the reservoir rise and bubble. I am at a loss . It's a brand new radiator. Could it be a thermostat? Even though I have a hot passenger side and a cold drivers side?

Did you ever get this fixed? I am having the same issue. I replaced the heat door actuator on the driver's side and also replaced the HVAC control module and still no heat on the driver's side.