Check out the Lincoln Aviator Community Here.

Thanks for the tips. The last two days we had rain and while driving down the interstate I noticed a gurgle sound as if water was draining from a water bottle on both days. The sound only occurred while driving in the rain. I thought it was coming from our sons water bottle in his backpack but wasn't. Next time it rains I'll check the doors. Would driving through the car wash work the same?

So update, we had some pretty good rain. Checked doors and everything appears ok. However, source of sound is coming from panoramic sun roof. Will check in the morning to see if any water is/has leaked in. Has anyone had issues with poor seal in sun roof or leaking sun roof?

i have the same issue with water leaking inside the door panel. Took to dealership and they did more damage to my car then fixing the leak. They removed the black plastic pieces in the bottom of the door vent holes. Why would they remove something that was put there in the factory and only removed from the two doors on drivers side. But I still have water leak and it's worse then before. They adjusted the door that didn't need to be adjusted. Waiting for call back to get car back in shop again.

You should name the dealer so others will be aware of their incompetent service.

Sad part of enigma-2 is that they use a outside company that's a expert at water leaks and all the dealerships use this company in the eastern shore from what I understand after talking to a different dealership then the one I purchased the car from. But guess what the car is financed with Lincoln with 0%interest so I called them today to let them know that I wasn't making any payments until my car is fixed 100% . I've only had the car for a month less then 2,000 miles on it and I was on vacation when water leaked for first time. I know a lady that had a Lincoln MKZ took her 4 years to get her water leak fixed. And was just fixed a few months ago. I'm not going through that. I will walk away from the car first but I'm not paying one payment for now!!!!!

Honesty, I can't say I blame you. There's no excuse for incompetent service on a brand new car. You could also look into your state's lemon laws.

Edited by enigma-2

I understand your position but if you stop making payments without permission it will affect your credit.

888-214-2155

Ad stated before. Stopping making payments is foolish and will only make your situation worse.

If your dealer refuses to open a case for you call the number I listed and get the ball rolling on your end. Take pictures / video and prepare aLL documentation because they will ask for it

Edited by rst08tierney

Well I'm not concerned with messing my credit up I think that I have a strong enough case that proves they Lincoln has a issue with the water leak in the doors that it's a design flaw and obviously there is a lot of people commenting about the same issue. Lemon law is you have to allow the dealership 3 times to make repairs then contact manufacturer and give them a chance to make repairs. They won't allow you to claim the car a lemon I had a 2011 Lincoln MKX that had computer issues after a update they said needed to be done to computer and after that the cars computer would shut down I couldn't open dooors move seats or turn radio,heater or anything on they had ford rebuild the computer twice and I just so tired of having my car in the shop after 10 months of dealing with it so I traded they wouldn't hear of lemon claim. I'm not going to do that this time I lost a lot of money trading in the other car I'm not losing this time. My feelings are of a woman I know that had paid cash for her vehicle had a water leak and it took 4 years for it to be fixed can you imagine how long it will take for them to fix my water leak when I'm not paying for the car?? I'm good with it I'll walk away go purchase another car like a gmc and they can take me to court if need be. I'm still waiting for a call back from the dealership this was on Monday of this week they supposedly had the leak fixed now it's Thursday still not fixed.

This continues to be a problem with my MKX - right front door. It started in February the first big rain the car sat outside. There was so much water in the door panel it was running out the speaker. It went into the shop shortly there after where they (AutoNation Lincoln Clearwater) pulled both panels on the left and right door. They thought is had something to do with rubber grommet the cable fits through to move the mirror. That is what they said. I was under the assumption that it was fixed. It is not the case. It has been back to my local dealer in the Midwest were I purchased the car from twice now for the same problem. Then again last week it rained and the door is still leaking water. Not as much as the first time but it still leaks. I am at the point of giving up on this one. A very unhappy camper.

GsteIn has your car been fixed as if today's date or are you still dealing with the water leak?

Well I'm not concerned with messing my credit up I think that I have a strong enough case that proves they Lincoln has a issue with the water leak in the doors that it's a design flaw can you imagine how long it will take for them to fix my water leak when I'm not paying for the car?? I'm good with it I'll walk away go purchase another car like a gmc and they can take me to court if need be.

They will take you to court and you'll lose and have to pay anyway and you'll ruin your credit. That's a stupid thing to do.

I understand all that akirby but I will deal with what comes my way. I notified the Lincoln financial I wouldn't be making any payments until it is fixed so to note my account. And I am hoping this will light a fire under someone to get this issue fixed asap instead of dragging it out and putting it off. We have heavy rains coming to our area again this weekend and my car will get soaked again I have video of water coming out of speaker and I have pictures of the carpet soaked as well as the paper mat I had placed on the back on carpet so I think I have enough evidence to prove the car has a leak and is still leaking.

If you're negotiating with FMC on payments that's different.  But generally speaking the finance company (whether it's a bank, FMC or someone else) doesn't care about the vehicle - that's between you and Ford.   If your roof leaks do you stop paying your mortgage?

Akirby that is totally different when it comes to house verses a car. I can go buy any car. And I understand the finance department doesn't have anything to do with my water leak I simply stated that I contacted them to note on my account so they know why and these calls are recorded so therefore when they they don't get a payment and it goes against my credit I don't care. I will go buy a car before I turn this one in and it won't be my problem until it goes to court by then I could be dead. Either way it's not like this is one car that has this problem it's several from what I have seen. So I'll deal with ford and I will dea with the Lincoln financial department as well.

Akirby do you work for ford or Lincoln ?

Akirby do you work for ford or Lincoln ?

No - do you work for Toyota?  

I'm just trying to explain to you that you have no legal right to stop payments on your own and if you do so you will only hurt yourself.

You don't seem to care, so go right ahead and shoot yourself in the foot.

BTW - the mortgage analogy is EXACTLY the same situation.  You purchased a product and secured a loan to pay for it.  The condition of the product has no bearing on your obligation to repay the loan.  If you don't make the payments they'll repossess the product and sell it and your credit rating will suffer.

I understand all that akirby but I will deal with what comes my way. I notified the Lincoln financial I wouldn't be making any payments until it is fixed so to note my account. And I am hoping this will light a fire under someone to get this issue fixed asap instead of dragging it out and putting it off. We have heavy rains coming to our area again this weekend and my car will get soaked again I have video of water coming out of speaker and I have pictures of the carpet soaked as well as the paper mat I had placed on the back on carpet so I think I have enough evidence to prove the car has a leak and is still leaking.

Again the worst thing you can do is not make payments. If Lincoln buys back your vehicle they will reimburse you for EVERYTHING.

Your history of late payments and non payments wont be removed for 7 years

GsteIn has your car been fixed as if today's date or are you still dealing with the water leak?

I am still dealing with the water leak.  The car sat out in a heavy rain on October 6 2016.  When I checked it this morning both front doors had water leaking from between the bottom of the door panel.  I took a video but have not had time to review or post.  I am wondering if the leak had anything to do with losing the power window on the left side - yes in the down position - late at night - raining and storming.  Good thing I was in a parking garage but still 160 miles from home.  

Does anyone know where the water is getting in? The doors are well sealed in earlier years, something has to have changed in the generation 3 models.

(We are talking just gen 3 right?)

I think technically we are in gen 2. But it must be related to the move of the mirror to the door.

Just to be on the safe side, I take the mirrors off auto fold when I know it's going to rain.  Haven't had an issue.

Think your right, confused with Sync. Anyway seems simple enough, just seal the mirror. Only a small percentage is leaking, what's different?

Akirby is fair and objective and does not work for lincoln. He is also totally correct. Stop making payments and it will ruin your credit. That's nut to say you don't have other legal remedies.

So glad that I found this forum today.  I'd been pulling my hair out over the wet carpet on the passenger side (front and back) of my 2016 MKX Reserve for over a week.  With a wet vac, I've pulled out roughly a gallon of water from the carpet and from the low spots below the carpet.  I got to the low spot by pulling out the rear floor heat vent.  I've been running a fan at night to dry it all out.  The car sat outside, in the rain, for 2+ days 1/16-18/17.  I noticed the water first as my front weather tech mat had water pulled in it.  After pulling out the mat, I found the extent of the water damage.  I'd been thinking window/sunroof issue, but, the door frame and seats were dry.  Coming in through the speaker makes sense, some water to the floor mat, the rest directly to the floor.  I have an appointment with the dealer this afternoon.  I've had the car since Oct 2015 and never noticed this before.  But, the car is usually garaged.  I should note that when the car was delivered, the spare tire well was full of water.  The dealer found the seal issue and fixed that.  I'd have MANY cars and I've never had water inside.  I was ready to take my losses and trade it in before I found this forum.  Thank you for being there!!!